Original topic:

S24: Camera goes to Black Screen does not work at all.

(Topic created: 02-05-2024 02:08 PM)
KodiK
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S24

I open the camera and its just a black screen. I click the shutter button and nothing happens. I have to restart the phone to get it to work. It's happened twice now 

3 Replies
geek1
Halo
Options
Galaxy S24

If you're experiencing issues with the camera on your Samsung Galaxy A14 5G, where the screen remains black and pressing the shutter button has no effect, you can try the following troubleshooting steps:

1. Restart Your Phone: Since you mentioned that restarting the phone resolves the issue temporarily, continue to do so when the problem occurs. However, consider exploring further steps if this problem becomes frequent.

2. Clear Camera App Cache and Data: Navigate to Settings > Apps > Camera. Clear both the cache and data for the Camera app. This won't delete your photos, but it will reset any custom settings you've applied to the camera app.

3. Check for Software Updates: Ensure that your phone's software is up to date. Go to Settings > Software update > Download and install to check for any available updates.

4. Test in Safe Mode: Boot your phone into Safe Mode to check if a third-party app is causing the camera issue. In Safe Mode, only pre-installed system apps are active.

• Press and hold the power button until the Power Off option appears.
    • Press and hold the Power Off option until the Safe Mode prompt appears.
    • Tap "OK" to enter Safe Mode.

In Safe Mode, open the camera app and see if the problem persists. If it doesn't, it indicates that a third-party app may be causing the issue. You can then identify and uninstall recently installed apps.

5. Factory Reset (Advanced Step): If the problem persists and is impacting the functionality of your camera, you may consider a factory reset as a last resort. Ensure you back up important data before proceeding.

• Go to Settings > General Management > Reset > Factory data reset.
  6. Contact Samsung Support: If none of the above steps resolves the issue, it's recommended to contact Samsung support for further assistance. There might be a hardware or software issue that requires professional attention.

If the problem is persistent, and your device is still under warranty, consider reaching out to the place of purchase or the manufacturer for possible repair or replacement options.

0 Likes
KodiK
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S24
Problem is still happening
Members_DrQEHGT
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24

I had that happened after the latest update in mid march, I had the unlocked version. Factory reset did not help it. returned it back to samsung, awaiting for my refund.

0 Likes