Original topic:

S24 Ultra - Android Data Folder: App stopped working, and I cant download new game tracker info

(Topic created: 04-09-2024 04:32 PM)
PawPawGreg
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24

I have an app from Google PLay, and on my S22, I was able to turn it on, and it kept track of my game data. (Wins, losses, decks, ...various other stats)

Now, it doesn't have any data in it, and the stats are all gone.
I need (WE NEED) to be able to make that decision for ourselves on whether or not we TRUST an app we are using.

Please provide me a way to engage this or the ability to turn it back on.

Thanks in advance.

6 Replies
Tidbitty
Supernova
Options
Galaxy S24
Did you give it the correct permissions? When was the last time it was updated? What is the name of the app? Did you use your backup?
PawPawGreg
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24
It's called SnapSync for a fame Marvel Snap, by Jedigg.
Permissions are all on.
It pulls data from a folder where it stores your games and card collection.

I went from the S22 to the S24U. It was working fine.... now it's not.

Left pic is the folder it's supposed to use, (I think), the right is a pic of what the phone shows.

I tried to make a new folder, but it doesn't help.1712723214532.jpg1712723214547.jpg
0 Likes
SergioRC20
Comet
Options
Galaxy S24
Hello, what I would do is try to re-install the app from scratch. Erase all data, all folders, and then uninstall the SnapSync app.

Make sure everything was erased before doing so. Maybe what happened is that when switching phones, the folder names got overwritten, causing issues with the app code that specifies a folder name.

Just a suggestion, hope this helps.
0 Likes
PawPawGreg
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24

Thanks for your response...
All this has already been tried

0 Likes
SergioRC20
Comet
Options
Galaxy S24
Maybe it is a compatibility issue. Have you tried to contact the publisher of the app to see if the app is compatible with your phone's software?
0 Likes
PawPawGreg
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24
It wouldn't be the app. I used it on my S22. Other folks use it on theirs.
It's because Android has that folder locked for "safety reasons".

It should be a permission option if you "trust" the source, should be allowed to turn it on....rather than Samsung making that folder locked
0 Likes