Original topic:

S24 Ultra Camera STILL terrible after update

(Topic created: 02-24-2024 09:55 PM)
Ibuddy66
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy S24
Even after this latest update. The camera ignores settings and just does whatever it wants. For instance, I go take a photo and regardless of wether I have optimization on or off, the phone still acts like it does with night mode and changes the image on me. I want what was in the preview when I took the picture. I don't want it to do this junk with nightmode even though I'm in the regular camera and don't have scene optimizer on. Or how about this? Allow us to disabled optimizations and just use scene optimizer instead. Something is clearly wrong here. 

Part of this is also probably related to the fact they have us all still stuck on the July 2023 Google Play System Update. 1200 dollar phone and my S21+ took better pictures, had a better screen, and was on the latest Google Play System updates. This is ridiculous. I've been a huge Samsung fan for a long time and I honestly just want to cry at how bad my pictures are now. 
- Ibuddy66
27 Replies
userH5v4pEzrJn
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24
This phone is horrible for pictures, I traded my s21 ultra in,
I don't want this phone with this colering book pictures
Wow what a bad camera
0 Likes
Zhiko
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24

My old S22 ultra is taking way better pictures than my new s24 ultra. Very disappointed about the camera quality of the s24 ultra. Did few software updates, but nothing has changed. What is going on?!

0 Likes
iNfRaSoNiC_
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24

I can agree, the colors at night + the HDR in selfies and rear camera shots is definitely not where it should be.
Also the Expert Raw is very unusable because it over sharpens and overbrightness a lot! 
Everything could be fixed with updates so lets hope!

0 Likes
DrELM
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24

I switched from S23 Ultra to S24 Ultra. Samsung did really good improvement last year with S23 ultra. It continued with factory default s24 Ultra. But now, after february update the 50mp with main camera was terrible. The image is so smooth like it taken with 1.3 mpx. There no any natural shadows. Shame to Samsung!

0 Likes
compunerd3
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24

Full of regret trading in my S21 for the S24 ultra. Camera is brutal, the only usable camera is 12mp, anything above that is destroyed. My other comments were deleted too for some reason about the poor quality camera algorithms. 

Anyone have examples of action photos of any moving subject even kids/animals? Tweaking shutter speed to be faster doesn't result in any decent results. The processing is adding blur to random areas, focus is well out of tune. 

Bitterly disappointed and we have zero official recognition from Samsung on this, only leaks that a patch will come....

0 Likes
usergCSWkE5VH0
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24
The camera on this S24 Ultra is horrible! S23 Ultra was so much better. I don't know what Samsung did but I'm thinking about moving away from Samsung.
0 Likes
Jopps
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24

I just bought s24 Ultra and I'm shocked with these pictures!!!!! What is this? This is horrible, scene optimiser destroyed the pictures, over white over strurated WHAT IS THIS?

I Disable scene optimiser and it is still doing it, WHAT IS THIS? 

Samsung this is unacceptable!!! 1200€ Flagship phone and it produces crappy pictures, worst pictures I have taken by any phone ever!! 

Been samsung buyer from S1,and now I will finally move to iphone, this is disaster and total amaterisim. 

0 Likes
Enzoesa
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24

I have had mine for two weeks, coming from a Pixel 7. Oh man, how disappointed I am with this camera! It overprocesses everything. I turned on every setting and then turned everything off quickly. Even then, it is still one big mess.

I hate to say it, but I have a bit of regret buying this phone since photos are one of the two main things I consider when choosing a phone.

0 Likes