Original topic:

S24 Ultra Camera, yellow turns to pale yellow on semi close up photos.

(Topic created: 01-31-2024 10:43 AM)
userAsNMpEhLlk
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24

Hi,

I usually take photos of my receipts from staples. I noticed today taking a photo of it from a little bit of distance was accurate with the yellow color of the printed sheet. But move closer, the yellow becomes very washed out. I also noticed this with red, it turns orange.

Is this normal with the S2x series phones?

TIA.

The 1st is yellow, as is it closely enough in real life and the second is pale yellow.

yellow_800.jpgno_yellow_800.jpg

12 Replies
Mpapa0677
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24
Check and make sure the adaptive color tone isn't turned on under your display settings.
0 Likes
userAsNMpEhLlk
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24

Off or on, no difference. Tried every setting on the display. When using the camera and it switches to the macro lens, you see it's bright yellow for a second and then it mutes it to pale yellow.

SeanSh
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy S24
We all experience that. I really don't like the S24ULTRA cameras and display. My S22ULTRA takes much better pictures and display colors are bomb. I noticed it right away when I turned on the phone and transferred some photos. If no update by next week I stick to my s22ultra and returning this dull washed out colors S24ultra
userAsNMpEhLlk
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24

Same situation, I'll be returning mine if there's no update. I currently rely on my S7 and S8 for photos when on vacation; the S20U I have while a beautiful display, takes horrible photos and can't focus on anything properly, was hoping to get rid of it for a better camera, but it looks like it's a further downgrade, esp. with the display.

SeanSh
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy S24
My S8+ was the phone that took the best photos I've ever had. I also got the S20NOTE ULTRA . Now with S22ULTRA.
davidvanchu
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24
This is common on the majority of cameras. Cameras have to automatically adjust colors for white balance because some lighting conditions and sources are warmer or cooler than others. In this case the camera is presuming that the paper is white or near white and using that as it's base for white balance. As a human, knowing that tissues are white, I've adjusted the white balance manually, and the paper's yellow is more accurate. You can also manually set the white balance in the Pro photo mode when taking the picture.1706793363228.jpg
0 Likes
userAsNMpEhLlk
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24

Works perfectly fine with my S7 and S8, no need to futz with any setting. This is what we are paying them for in device, unless they've forgotten that or they are giving these away for free.

Whoever worked on the S7 and S8 deserve a medal of excellence.

userAsNMpEhLlk
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24

Sorry, forgot to mention you are correct, and thank you for your reply...but that's not the point, the point is the software should have data from sensors and adjust for that it auto mode like it did in the S7/S8.

Quenaelin
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24

Great post, I was looking for something like this from web, because I thought I have defective unit. I upgraded from Note9 to S24 Ultra and I have same kind of problem when taking photos indoors, sometimes skin color is yellow and very dark. Very weird white balance problem with this phone, I hope Samsung can do something to fix it. I already reported Samsung and all they told to clear and reset camera app, I reseted camera app without any help. Please report Samsung about this problem, so they will do something if enough people report it.

0 Likes