Original topic:

S24+ taking random shots Do NOT have register on my phone

(Topic created: 05-26-2024 04:20 PM)
fkenisky
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24

I go through the day and probably never pickup my phone but to check a message or two or answer some bogus telemarketer. then when i go to look at pictures of my granddaughter I see about 20 random screen shots of things I have no idea got there. Some are the same things other are just random shots that I never went to these sites.

Is there a way to make this stop?

0 Likes
14 Replies
LongHiker
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S24

@fkenisky It sounds like you may have accidentally installed some malware which is doing this. 

0 Likes
fkenisky
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24

That doesn't help. I have bitdefender running on the phone. How do I know if I have malware running?

0 Likes
LongHiker
Options
Galaxy S24

@fkenisky Try this troubleshooting step. Boot into safe mode. If you don't see this happening while booted in safe mode, then it is caused by a 3rd party app. 

0 Likes
fkenisky
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24

Yeah thank for that cryptic instruction. I read through the antiquated instructions for some prior version that doesnwork on this phone. There is no safe mode for this phone using that antiquated version method. 

0 Likes
LongHiker
Options
Galaxy S24

@fkenisky To boot into safe mode:

1. Swipe down from the top of the screen.
  2. Click the power icon near upper right to Power off.
  3. Choose and hold Power off. The Safe mode icon will show up. 
  4. Choose Safe mode.
  5. The Samsung Galaxy S24 Ultra will automatically reboot in Safe Mode.
fkenisky
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24

Yes the info you provided was antiquated I found how to make it go into safe mode. I ran the checks and all came out fine. No malware discovered.

Anything else on the script script we can give a wag at?

0 Likes
fkenisky
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24

Ok the swipe down on my phone is an antiquated method it doesn't work. I have to turn my phone off and turn it back on and hold down the volume button there is no safe mode when I do the double finger swipe down. It's not there. So let's move on from that, it doesn't work on my phone. 
I also cannot get to the scan the same way but the system does do a scan and found nothing wrong.
Yet I'm still getting these random screen shots.
Anyone else want to tell me to two finger swipe down? JK.
I'd like to know if anyone here knows more than the typical script. No I do not have register, yes I started in safe mode, no the scan did not find anything.
What is the next step?

0 Likes
fkenisky
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24

Thanks for all the antiquated did not pertain to my phone Yes I have a samsung s24+ but apparently all ISP's are not alike all goes well for standardization till someone doesn't want it.
I just got off the phone with Samsung support and the tech was very knowledgeable and helpful. She ran a diagnostic on my phone and it came up all PASS. She reset the camera we can only hope that resolves the problem.
I don't mean to be ugly but when I get the same solutions I can get from a youtube video from 5 years ago and I can tell it won't work on my phone I know it's not your fault but once I mention it doesn't work it doesn't work, repeating yourself won't make it work.

0 Likes
LongHiker
Options
Galaxy S24

@fkenisky Sorry that you are confused. You swipe down from the top of the screen while you are at your home screen. Not while you are in your camera. 

It definitely works on an S24 series phone. 

0 Likes