Original topic:

S24+ taking random shots Do NOT have register on my phone

(Topic created: 05-26-2024 02:05 PM)
fkenisky
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24

I go through the day and probably never pickup my phone but to check a message or two or answer some bogus telemarketer. then when i go to look at pictures of my granddaughter I see about 20 random screen shots of things I have no idea got there. Some are the same things other are just random shots that I never went to these sites.

Is there a way to make this stop?

0 Likes
14 Replies
fkenisky
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24

sorry you didn't understand, I did exactly that from my home screen. Like I said I followed the antiquated directions that do not seem to work on my phone. The Samsung tech also noted the differences. Sorry your global directions don't work on every phone the same way.

0 Likes
LongHiker
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S24
Are you in the US? I have multiple devices available to me, including an S24 Ultra. The instructions work. If they don't work for you, you have some 3rd party software interfering.
0 Likes
cwinkler
Comet
Options
Galaxy S24

I tried your instructions and they work on my S24U. Actually saved them so I have a reference if I need them in the future, so thanks!

CWinkler
Galaxy S24 Ultra, Active4
fkenisky
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24

I solved the problem which none of you addressed. 
The problem was an app but not the one you all suggested.
Here's how I discovered the problem without scanning. Each provider apparently has it's own menu of certain items. Let's let that go and stop trying to resolve the issue using some technical method.
The problem is right in front of us.

If you are having this problem and it is being caused by and app one way to figure this out quickly and without all the techy bs, is to open your gallery and select the image. Once you've selected it there is a small "i" circled. Select that and it will provide you with information about which app took the screen shot and where it saved it.

At that time you will know which app it was. At that time if you want you can find a way using your providers method of scanning and scan your phone to determine if that app has malware. It may not. If not something inside it may have caused the problem.

In my case it was What's App. Apparently someone sent me a text which may have had a link or code embedded that caused my phone to take the same screen shots over and over again.

The app never showed up on the scans. I removed the app and the repeated screen shots stopped.

fkenisky
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24

That's what I did, no confusion.

0 Likes