Original topic:

S24+ unknown notification sound/vibration

(Topic created: yesterday)
Roosje
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S24

Good morning,

for a few days now my samsung makes a strange notification sound I have never heard before. It happens every time I unlock it, if my sound is not on, it will vibrate.

I see no notification banners or pop ups, I checked the settings and lock/unlock notification is off. I have no new installed apps either.

I recall there was a software update, so any ideas what can be causing this?

0 Likes
7 Replies
LongHiker
Galactic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S24
Check phone Settings -> Advanced features -> Motions and gestures to see if Alert when phone picked up is enabled
0 Likes
Roosje
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S24

You're amazing, that was it! I didn't even know this was an option. Thank you šŸ™‚

Roosje
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S24

Ok, actually no, it wasn't this, I am still getting the same sound... šŸ˜•

0 Likes
Adam11729
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24
It's just the sound the phone makes when unlocked. Not really any way to turn it off.
0 Likes
BruZZi
Red Giant
Options
Galaxy S24

Most likely NFC is on causing it.

GaryB82
Galactic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S24

If you download Goodlock / Nicecatch it should show you what is causing the sounds and vibrations 

If you've found my post to be helpful, Please like my Comments āœ“āœ“āœ“.
If my response resolved your issue, please press the Like and āœ“āœ“āœ“ to Accept as Solution button.

0 Likes
Roosje
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S24

Thank you both! I installed the app and it's indeed the NFC being triggered by a card in my phone case. I saw it's an issue for quite some time already and no way to fix it, but to use Routines to go around the issue or disable NFC as a whole.