JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

S24U Camera glitching while moving

(Topic created: 01-30-2024 10:49 AM)
KayKay6661
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24

I've seen an online discussion on X about the camera shifting problem and sadly mine is facing the same issues.  My picture is shifting while moving around and/or changing the zoom lens to 3x or 5x, I've read that it's a lens shifting issue because of the lens placement which is quite normal but somehow I still see the issue while always on the 1x lens.

Is it normal or it is a real hardware issue? 

https://www.veed.io/view/c20548c9-6285-4d24-9c68-de362b5f0748 

89 Replies
SeanSh
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy S24
The S24Ultra must get an update to fix cameras and display bc they both horrible.
I'm staying with my S22ULTRA for another few days and won't trade in and send back the S24U I'd they won't fix it. I don't like the phone at all .
Keiz
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24
When changing to between all 3 lenses on the S24+, there is a very noticeable delay, and kind of weird effect when changing between lenses. It takes around 2 seconds to change lenses. I'm coming from an S21+ which had next to no delay comparatively when changing lenses. Is anyone else experiencing this on their S24? 

I'm hoping this is something that can and will be fixed with the upcoming update. 
Kyle0505
Star
Options
Galaxy S24
I have the same issue on my s24 plus too.
0 Likes
Nuhman
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S24

I have the same issues in my s24. Sometimes getting black color in skin of human, evrytime dynamic range changes while switching lenses.

0 Likes
HYW
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24

They said this is an issue with india mfg phones, how do you tell? my box said vietnam is that right way?

0 Likes
Solution
SamsungJustin
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy S24

Hello, Everyone.

We understand some users have reported when trying to change the Zoom ratio on the rear camera of your S24, the preview seems to be cut off, and the camera looks slightly different, or seems to jump.

This would be completely normal as the Ultra-wide, wide, and tele camera lenses are physically located in different positions. There is also a difference in the viewing angle. For instance, when changing the zoom ratio leads to shifting the camera lens, it causes a subtle change in the viewing angle. When changing the zoom ratio quickly, the preview screen may appear slightly disconnected as it takes time to switch among the ultra-wide, wide, and tele camera lenses. If zooming slowly the transition will be much smoother.

As for the mention of afterimages, The Galaxy S24 series camera has a newly applied image fusion and animation effect. What this does is blend two images together for a smoother lens transition. Thus, when changing the zoom ratio quickly from 3X to 5X, afterimages may temporarily appear because of this effect.

usereNBLbDwXNO
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24

Please bring back the 10× camera on the s25 ultra. As of right now, my s23 ultra takes better indoor photos and 10x to 100x looks worse on the s24 ultra. I shouldn't have upgraded this year. 

Focr06
Comet
Options
Galaxy S24
Return it... There's a lot of issues with this stupid phone.. Mine is going back tomorrow
0 Likes
DPeepz
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S24
Taking a 200MP 5x shot, after the shot is taken I look at the Metadata and it says 50MP shot.. Standard 1x is 200MP.. 2x, 5x, 10x show to be 50MP while on 200MP settings. Also the image shifting while zoomed it..

Now these are issues!! C'mon Sammy!
Siggy007
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24

Camera is really bad on S24 as others have said.  No sure what to think.  Thus and a washed out screen.  Really unhappy with my purchase. 

0 Likes