JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

S24U Camera glitching while moving

(Topic created: 02-05-2024 07:44 PM)
KayKay6661
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24

I've seen an online discussion on X about the camera shifting problem and sadly mine is facing the same issues.  My picture is shifting while moving around and/or changing the zoom lens to 3x or 5x, I've read that it's a lens shifting issue because of the lens placement which is quite normal but somehow I still see the issue while always on the 1x lens.

Is it normal or it is a real hardware issue? 

https://www.veed.io/view/c20548c9-6285-4d24-9c68-de362b5f0748 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
SamsungJustin
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy S24

Hello, Everyone.

We understand some users have reported when trying to change the Zoom ratio on the rear camera of your S24, the preview seems to be cut off, and the camera looks slightly different, or seems to jump.

This would be completely normal as the Ultra-wide, wide, and tele camera lenses are physically located in different positions. There is also a difference in the viewing angle. For instance, when changing the zoom ratio leads to shifting the camera lens, it causes a subtle change in the viewing angle. When changing the zoom ratio quickly, the preview screen may appear slightly disconnected as it takes time to switch among the ultra-wide, wide, and tele camera lenses. If zooming slowly the transition will be much smoother.

As for the mention of afterimages, The Galaxy S24 series camera has a newly applied image fusion and animation effect. What this does is blend two images together for a smoother lens transition. Thus, when changing the zoom ratio quickly from 3X to 5X, afterimages may temporarily appear because of this effect.

View solution in context

89 Replies
Kaladin05
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S24
My S24 ultra is having that problem. It is a hardware problem.
KayKay6661
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24

Have you contacted the store? Do they provide any solution? 

0 Likes
Kaladin05
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S24
I've been talking with Samsung reps for the last 2 days. One rep sent me to a Samsung approved repair shop. I went there and the guy told me there was nothing he could do. It is a hardware problem. I was on the phone with the next rep for almost 2 hours. She was going through my phone remotely. I let her do it so she could see the problem for herself. Finally, she connected me to Samsung Care, and now I'm waiting for them to approve my getting a new phone. I like Samsung products but I have to say I'm very disappointed with this issue with the S24 ultra. Especially, how they know about the problem and are making it difficult to get a replacement.
KayKay6661
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24

Thank you so much for sharing this, I'll try to talk to the rep and see if they can do something. I loved this model as well so it's a bit disappointing when there's this big issue on the main feature of their flagship model.

0 Likes
Kaladin05
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S24
I hope you're successful at getting a replacement. When searching online it seems like it's hit and miss. If one purchased the phone through their service provider then it's been mainly misses. I purchased the phone directly through Samsung so hopefully I'll get a replacement. If I do I'll post it here. I've never had an issue with Samsung, so hopefully they do the right thing for everyone who has the faulty camera issue. For real, this phone cost $1,300 or more depending on the storage. Don't do us like this by giving us faulty hardware.
KayKay6661
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24

I bought it with the service provider so I'm quite ready for a rejection... thank you for the heads up tho. Appreciation your comments.

0 Likes
cariboublend
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24
I am still not convinced that this is a hardware issue. I have noticed that this only happens in the default Samsung camera app. Try one of a variety of open source apps on the store or use Samsung's Expert Raw, and it's a totally different experience.
0 Likes
KayKay6661
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24

I'm 50:50 about the cause as well because it looks like it's trying to correct the picture perspective and use the wide-angle lens instead. so when I first tried the phone out I thought it was one of the AI-camera features. but yeah you made an amazing point because on Instagram/messenger the camera works just fine. but then again because it fixed the using lens so no auto-switching on those apps i guess.

0 Likes
cariboublend
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24
Ha, I hadn't even thought to try those! I will say that there is still some shift in third party camera apps up close but it's nothing more than switching through the lenses.
0 Likes