JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

S24U Camera glitching while moving

(Topic created: 02-05-2024 08:03 PM)
KayKay6661
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24

I've seen an online discussion on X about the camera shifting problem and sadly mine is facing the same issues.  My picture is shifting while moving around and/or changing the zoom lens to 3x or 5x, I've read that it's a lens shifting issue because of the lens placement which is quite normal but somehow I still see the issue while always on the 1x lens.

Is it normal or it is a real hardware issue? 

https://www.veed.io/view/c20548c9-6285-4d24-9c68-de362b5f0748 

89 Replies
Kaladin05
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24
My S24 ultra is having that problem. It is a hardware problem.
KayKay6661
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24

Have you contacted the store? Do they provide any solution? 

0 Likes
Kaladin05
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24
I've been talking with Samsung reps for the last 2 days. One rep sent me to a Samsung approved repair shop. I went there and the guy told me there was nothing he could do. It is a hardware problem. I was on the phone with the next rep for almost 2 hours. She was going through my phone remotely. I let her do it so she could see the problem for herself. Finally, she connected me to Samsung Care, and now I'm waiting for them to approve my getting a new phone. I like Samsung products but I have to say I'm very disappointed with this issue with the S24 ultra. Especially, how they know about the problem and are making it difficult to get a replacement.
KayKay6661
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24

Thank you so much for sharing this, I'll try to talk to the rep and see if they can do something. I loved this model as well so it's a bit disappointing when there's this big issue on the main feature of their flagship model.

0 Likes
Kaladin05
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24
I hope you're successful at getting a replacement. When searching online it seems like it's hit and miss. If one purchased the phone through their service provider then it's been mainly misses. I purchased the phone directly through Samsung so hopefully I'll get a replacement. If I do I'll post it here. I've never had an issue with Samsung, so hopefully they do the right thing for everyone who has the faulty camera issue. For real, this phone cost $1,300 or more depending on the storage. Don't do us like this by giving us faulty hardware.
KayKay6661
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24

I bought it with the service provider so I'm quite ready for a rejection... thank you for the heads up tho. Appreciation your comments.

0 Likes
cariboublend
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24
I am still not convinced that this is a hardware issue. I have noticed that this only happens in the default Samsung camera app. Try one of a variety of open source apps on the store or use Samsung's Expert Raw, and it's a totally different experience.
0 Likes
KayKay6661
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24

I'm 50:50 about the cause as well because it looks like it's trying to correct the picture perspective and use the wide-angle lens instead. so when I first tried the phone out I thought it was one of the AI-camera features. but yeah you made an amazing point because on Instagram/messenger the camera works just fine. but then again because it fixed the using lens so no auto-switching on those apps i guess.

0 Likes
cariboublend
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24
Ha, I hadn't even thought to try those! I will say that there is still some shift in third party camera apps up close but it's nothing more than switching through the lenses.
0 Likes