Original topic:

Samsung 24+ and Hyundai Bluetooth not working well toegther

(Topic created: 04-09-2024 07:00 AM)
Starlilies
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24

I just got a new 24+ (upgraded from a very old 8+) and was able to easily pair it with my Sonata Bluetooth. I started using Waze and noticed that the first few words from the voice commands would be cut off. After about 5 minutes of driving, I wouldn't hear any sounds at all. I thought maybe it was the app so I went through all the hoops of trying to fix it with no success. So I used Google Maps - same thing started to happen, the beginning part of the command would be cut off. I also tried using Google ("Hey Google") and found the same issue - the first few words are cut off. 

I've tried unpairing, then pairing the phone to the car again. Still the same issue. I check the Bluetooth status when it's connected and both calls and audio and even contact access are all on. There is something else called "Audio Device Type" on the Bluetooth setting that has 3 options - headphones, speaker, or other. It is currently set to "other." 

Anyone else have this same issue and was able to fix it? I haven't tried Android Auto because my car display is small and doesn't use icons at all (just words across the screen). Does that make a difference? 

Any help you can provide would be wonderful! This has been quite frustrating to me! Thanks!

6 Replies
realaud
Supernova
Options
Galaxy S24

Did you try setting the device type to speaker?  I think that setting is to tell your car where to send the audio instructions.  Setting it to Speaker should have the sound come out of your car speakers.  How old is your Sonata that it has BT connectivity, but no graphical interface on your screen?  Android Auto works fine on my 2017 Elantra, but while my phone connects with BT in general for calls, it needs to be plugged into the USB port to utilize Android Auto.  Also, Hyundai doesn't seem to like using BT for audio (other than calls) at all.

0 Likes
Starlilies
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24

I didn't have issues with my older phone, just this new one. My Sonata is a 2014, and yes, no graphic interface. I believe I may have tried the speaker setting before, but honestly don't remember so I'll definitely try that suggestion. I'll also try Andriod Auto with the USB port and see what happens. Thanks much for the suggestions! 

0 Likes
realaud
Supernova
Options
Galaxy S24

Interesting.  I have never successfully been able to utilize BT audio in any of my Hyundai vehicles, no matter which brand of phone I owned. I can only use my BT connection for phone calls.  Wasn't very important to me, so I didn't spend a whole lot of effort trying to troubleshoot...just loaded my music into the car's hard drive or plugged in a USB drive. And the USB connection to Android Auto took care of the map instructions.

I usually don't even bother with Android Auto anymore, I don't need to look at the map, and my phone's speaker is loud enough I can hear the directions if I leave my purse open or just put my phone in the cup holder.

0 Likes
Starlilies
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24
Hi there! So I put the setting to speaker, but I still had the same issue - the first few words would get cut off then it would stop talking all together. I could not get Android Auto to work at all. I kept getting an error message - "Connection Error. Connected device may not be supported." I have no clue what that means.

Any other suggestions? I appreciate the help! Thanks!
0 Likes
realaud
Supernova
Options
Galaxy S24
Since your car has no graphicsl interface AA probably won't work. The hardware/software in your car likely pre-dates the incorpration of AA into cars.

As I said, I haven't successfully been able to use BT audio in my cars rvrn when I brlieved all the settings to be correct. Have you been able to use BT audio for anything else, like playing music from your phone through your cars speaker?
0 Likes
Starlilies
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24
Yes. Besides calls, I can play music and hear it through the car speakers with no problem. Both YouTube and Amazon Music were fine when I tried them.
0 Likes