Original topic:

Super Buggy S24 Ultra

(Topic created: 02-15-2024 10:58 AM)
dwreck68
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24
There are so many issues I won't think of them until they happen. And some I have a hard time describing.
-My touch commands are sometimes non responsive. As in it simply doesn't register a touch. 
 -Other times it can tell it's being being touched but it doesn't act right. It acts kinda like it does when you have a drop of water on the screen while you're trying to use your phone. If you've ever experienced that. 
-Thsres this thing it's doing where say I'm reading an online news article and at the end I'm trying to comment in the comments thread, when I click on the reply bar, it pulls my keyboard up fine but the place onscreen I'm supposed to type into is like it's only half pulled up and I can't enter text. 
 -This is what I mean about not being able to describe an issue. I don't know the correct verbage. 
 -Across all my apps, I'll be typing away and look up to see that whole or parts of words are missing. Sometimes quite a few. I guess it just isn't recording keystrokes to the screen sometimes but I do know that while I'm looking at the keyboard and typing the letters are popping up on the keyboard so it's registering the touch there. I don't notice as it's happening because I'm looking at my thumbs as I type. 

That's just a couple of many issues. I'll list more later. Very, very sad about this phone. Wish I wouid have kept my 22 Ultra. That phone ran circles around this one and if this is the product I can expect from Samsung going forward, they can expect that I won't be purchasing their products. I'm close to calling this phone straight up junk and washing my hands of this company. 
While I'm on the subject of the company, does it bug anyone else that Samsung has to muddle up Android by duplicating every app that comes with it? Almost all of their own apps, i.e., calendar, keyboard, email, and well just about all of them, the obvious exception being notes (which they nailed), are inferior and amount to bloatware. How about enhancing the apps that comes with Android and making your phone the gold standard in smartphones instead of what you doing now, which is barely, and I mean barely keeping yourself in the running for second best phones. Stop muddling up the user experience and focus all of the phones power and memory into a unified user experience. And for God's sake, if you're going to insist on duplicating the apps, this very second you need to stop offering functions that can only be accessed inside of your own apps such as handwriting to text. Forcing your customers to use the third best keyboard on their expensive phone makes you look insecure and highlights your inferior app. 
Soo yeah.... 

11 Replies
Laccosta
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24

Eu devolvi o meu s24 ultra. Muito caro para essa experiência péssima 

0 Likes
StanleyKubrick
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24

Did you do a restore from backup when setting up the phone? This sounds like the typical "strange bugs that make no sense" syndrome that often results from a backup that allowed wonky files to restore to your phone. If this is true...then the ONLY solution is a factory reset and NOT allowing anything from an old backup to restore! YMMV

0 Likes
dwreck68
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24
This is right out of the box. Unless you mean the glitches were all brought over from my old phone. But my old phone worked well. None of these issues. There are many more than I listed, some of which I'm seeing other people talking about. I don't think it's just my phone. Samsung really needs to get updates moving.
0 Likes
dwreck68
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24
Just reread. That is exactly what you're saying. I don't know how intimately intertwined into your life your phone, or rather the info that only your phone has on it is, but I'm realizing mine is alarming intertwined with my life. A hard factory reset is out of the question.
0 Likes
dwreck68
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24
Well at least it's an inexpensive phone😳
userCE5SuAu6c0
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24
I've also started having issue swith the touch screen!
0 Likes
dwreck68
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24
Like just unresponsive kinda thing? Last night watching YouTube it wouldn't respond when I tried to play full videos but would would respond when I touched on the shorts. It's so frustrating. Taping, double tapping, waiting, tapping, waiting, double tapping, waiting.....

There are other issues too that I'm not thinking of until they happen. This morning something was up that I can't even remember what and I was thinking to myself that I hope the updates are coming soon. I'm pretty **bleep** disappointed and this is shaping up to be my last Samsung. I had it all played up in my head too how awesome this one was going to be. Jinxed myself I guess.
0 Likes
userCE5SuAu6c0
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24
Yes, like I'd tap something to select it, and nothing would happen. It would like freeze. I just sent in an error report about it. It's happened in different ways in different apps. Also, I can't take a shot in pro mode right after I take one. It's like nothing happens when I tap the button. I also tapped in a note and nothing happened. Things like that. Yet, when you do the phone troubleshooting testing, it's claiming nothing is wrong. I've never had this happen with a phone before.

Please also send in some error reports so they get all these instances logged. I want to understand if it's a hardware issue.
0 Likes
userztmAfj7N37
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24

How do you send an error report? Like yours, my phone is having all the same issues but does not detect anything is wrong with it. I just restarted to fix an unresponsive issue while using my calendar and now all of my widgets have disappeared from the home screen. Had this phone for 1 week, so that's fun. 🙃