Original topic:

USB C to Jack - Microphone Input Selection

(Topic created: 4 weeks ago)
alex_ch
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24

Hello there,

I've just bought the S24 Ultra and a Samsung USB C to Jack Adapter  (EE-UC10JUWEGUS). I use this adapter to listen to music or having phone calls in my car. The car system doesn't support bluetooth connection, and doesn't have a microphone. I used to connect directly my Galaxy Note 8 to the sound system and have had phone calls using the car's speakers and the phones microphone, but now, when I connect the S24 Ultra to the adapter and to thw sound system, it thinks that I cave connected headphones, so I have no microphone input as the phone's microphone is disabled. 

Is there a workaround for it?

8 Replies
TylerAmes
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24
Take a look at your audio cable, if it only has 2 rings it is audio only, if it has 3 it is microphone as well. 1716164583490.jpg
0 Likes
alex_ch
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24

No, you didn't understand me, let me rephrase: The cable should not have microphone connection, as the car system doesn't have a microphone, it only has jack in. The microphone must work from the phone. 

0 Likes
TylerAmes
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24
Sorry for misunderstanding. Maybe the issue is with the usbc dac itself, assuming your plugging into an aux port on your stereo, you might want to try one of these cables that is direct usb c to aux, with only 2 rings on the cable.

Btw if your cable has the 3 rings that could also be causing the issue. It's hard to know what the solution is without any photos of the setup 1716565899898.jpg
0 Likes
alex_ch
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24

Well, I could take some photos of the setup, but again, is there a way to select whether or not the microphone channel will be channeled over the USB C dongle or not? That's the actual question. 

0 Likes
TylerAmes
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24
I know you can for bluetooth devices, i'm not sure about wired since it's been years. You can try the sound assistant app on the galaxy store, maybe there's an option in there?

There's also this option within developer options you could try - see the attached photo (though i'm not sure it might disable all audio and not just mic)

There used to be an app called lesser audioswitch that does exactly what you're describing, but when android 11 released Google made it impossible for an app to have that functionality1716574379623_1716574379608_0.jpg
0 Likes
Bertolo
Comet
Options
Galaxy S24
I have the same problem with my computer. Probably, you need one of these adapters.1716167240123_1716167240109_0.jpg1716167845095_1716167845090_0.jpg1716168472186_1716168472181_0.jpg
0 Likes
alex_ch
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24

No, you didn't understand me, let me rephrase: The cable should not have microphone connection, as the car system doesn't have a microphone, it only has jack in. The microphone must work from the phone.  

0 Likes
Bertolo
Comet
Options
Galaxy S24
Got it. I suppose you could do it on your old phone because it has older technology and software. I had the Zenfone 9/10, and even those phones have a headphone jack. I couldn't speak with my phone connected to my car radio. I don't think it's possible with newer phones.
0 Likes