Original topic:

Ultra with Bodyguard Not Recognizing Fingerprint

(Topic created: 05-19-2024 08:04 AM)
SouthernMomma
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24
Very Frustrating, I just switched from over 6 years with a Pixel. Went to a galaxy mainly due to the recommendation of friends. I loved my fingerprint option on my Pixel 5. Used biometrics for everything I could. I have tried twice setting up this phone with biometrics for it to be completely unreliable. 

I think it is absolutely ridiculous that with today's technology this thing is hit or miss with an industry known screen protector. 

Tried different ways will try adding multiple for the same finger just to see if that works. It struggles to even set one up which should of been my first red flag. 

Any additonal advice? Really missing my Pixel right now. 
4 Replies
LongHiker
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S24
Have you tried removing the Bodyguard screen protector?
0 Likes
TipsyTrex
Supernova
Options
Galaxy S24
The bodyguardz site claims compatability with the fingerprint reader, so you should seek a refund or exchange from them. I think you should maybe be upset with the screen protector brand lying about their products capabilities when they've had five consecutive generations of samsung products with under screen finger print sensors to figure out how to make it work. Dbrand and other screen protector oems seem to have figured it out, so why can bodyguardz?
0 Likes
TylerAmes
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24
Probably an issue with the screen protector, try the zagg xtr3 screen protector, it is a really good screen protector and if it ever gets damage you can exchange it for a new one. Fingerprint works just as good as not having one on at all
sample_bot
Halo
Options
Galaxy S24
Tiny dust trapped between screen guard and phone screen can cause. Happened with me.
I removed that dust particle and now it works fine.
Note: U have to re-do fingerprint registration after applying screen guard.
0 Likes