JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

When will more languages be added to Galaxy AI Translate feature? Specifically Bahasa Indonesia?

(Topic created: 02-17-2024 04:04 PM)
Members_tU3BdkW
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24

I'm in Indonesia, and desperately require Bahasa Indonesia translation. Samsung has had this for years, but it requires you to highlight and then translate, or it only translates the text you type. I was so excited to see that there would be realtime translation on the s24 ultra which I own, and then immediately my dreams were shattered to see that only a few languages were added to start with. 

Samsung did say that more languages were going to come later on, but frankly I think it's pathetic that a global phone, that is supported all over the world, only has a small number of languages for a feature that was highly touted. 

$1300 dollars on a phone and a big feature they present is barely half baked. Frankly it's pathetic. If someone who works at Samsung is in the know, could you please let me know when Bahasa Indonesia (national language for Indonesia) will be added that would be great. I find it laughable that they plan on charging for AI in 2025, only to have it free now, but only some of the things are half baked. 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
SamsungJustin
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy S24

Hey There, We appreciate the interest. We unfortunately are unable to speculate future updates at this time. However, @KiwiBird97 is correct in the currently available languages. Samsung is always looking for feedback to add or enhance many features! We'll tag this thread as feedback for our engineers. Thank you so much for contributing to the community! 

View solution in context

5 Replies
Members_tU3BdkW
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24

Bump, anyone can help? Samsung mod, or Samsung employee?

Solution
SamsungJustin
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy S24

Hey There, We appreciate the interest. We unfortunately are unable to speculate future updates at this time. However, @KiwiBird97 is correct in the currently available languages. Samsung is always looking for feedback to add or enhance many features! We'll tag this thread as feedback for our engineers. Thank you so much for contributing to the community! 

KiwiBird97
Red Giant
Options
Galaxy S24
"Samsung did say that more languages were going to come later on..."
You are correct, but only for the Wi-Fi variants of the Galaxy Tab S9, not for the Galaxy S23, S24, or Z Flip/Fold 5.

CURRENT LANGUAGES
• German
• English (India) [1]
• English (United Kingdom) [1]
• English (United States)
• Spanish (Spain) [1]
• Spanish (United States)
• Spanish (Mexico)
• French
• Italian
• Polish [1]
• Portuguese
• Vietnamese
• Hindi [1]
• Thai [1]
• Korean
• Chinese
• Japanese

NOTES
1. Available exclusively on the Wi-Fi variants of the Galaxy Tab S9
0 Likes
Members_tU3BdkW
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24

No they say more language for the s24 lineup too. 

Some Galaxy S24 AI features don't work with every language - SamMobile

KiwiBird97
Red Giant
Options
Galaxy S24
Not for the Americas, though.1708242374071.jpg