Original topic:

Why it looks like an iphone?

(Topic created: Monday)
ParulS
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24
I have been using samsung since last 22 years. My 1st phone was R220. S24 is my latest phone and i hate that it looks like an iPhone. This would be my and my family's last Samsung phone if they keep copying the iphone design. 
0 Likes
8 Replies
TipsyTrex
Supernova
Options
Galaxy S24
The entire industry has converged on that design. There's very few OEMs that haven't adopted the flat rail design language, even Google just threw out their entire design language this year just to ape the iPhone with the pixel9 series. It'll probably be a few years before it cycles out of fashion.
yamialex
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24
You do realize that Samsung Google pixel and iPhone have very similar designs and have for the last three or four years right it's a common thing right now to have them all look very similar but you can tell exactly which one is a Samsung which one is a pixel and which one is an iPhone based on the camera if you really have an issue with the fact that pretty much every phone manufacturer has a very similar design you need to go back to an old school flip phone then because things are not going to change
0 Likes
totcavinder
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24
Unfortunately, that is what people have been asking for. I think I have seen more samsung "fanboys" saying apples design is better for years. So they went with what (they think) people want.
0 Likes
yamialex
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24
In general people like flat displays because it's easier to get a phone case and a screen protector to protect the phone better than with a curved display with a curved display you have to get a very specific type of case and screen protector and those usually cost more flat displays you can get any good phone case any good screen protector and you're good to go you don't have to worry about it not protecting the entire screen
0 Likes
totcavinder
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24
I don't mind flat screens, I'm talking about heavily rounded corners, camera module in the top corner, the removal of the bixby key, and quite a few things that made Samsung Samsung.
0 Likes
yamialex
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24
Like we've said it's an industry standard phones that are similar shapes or setups or designs are what cells if you look at iPhones they've had the same look in general with the three cameras since the 11 pro line and then it got a slight redesign in the 12 line and they've kept that similar design since then Google's been keeping that far camera setup since the 6th Samsung has kept this three traffic signal camera setup consistent since the 21 it's kind of a brand thing you look at a phone with the traffic light cameras there is a very good chance at Samsung you look at the way the three cameras are set on an iPhone you can tell that's an iPhone it's kind of a brand recognition thing at this point and when it came to Bixby people weren't using it so they got rid of the dedicated button because people weren't using that button
0 Likes
usermzeJaY3BsM
Black Hole
Options
Galaxy S24

Heavily Rounded corners?  S24 Ultra.

Camera Module in the Top Left Corner?  Where else should it be?  It is out of the way there so that you don't keep smudging it while not using it, and it is out of the way to prevent covering the lenses with your fingers.

Removal of Bixby Key?  Mine still has this, I have the same 3 buttons on this device that I have had since the S8, Note 20, S10 plus, etc., this button has changed function, but it came out of the box as a Bixby button still...

0 Likes
totcavinder
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24
They are going back to rounded corners, middle, like it was for years and people loved it. Unless you running a phone from the series 9 or older, no it doesn't.
0 Likes