Original topic:

Would I be missing out on AI?

(Topic created: 02-02-2024 04:50 PM)
msvd10
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy S24
Hey all, I have been using pixel devices for a few years and really like the Google eco system. I got the s24+ because the tensor chip in pixels and battery life is awful. I love the galaxy but I can't get myself really used to using Samsung Internet, messages , note etc just because I'm already familiar/comfortable. Maybe this wasn't an issue in the past but with the whole Galaxy AI, all those features are baked into oneui/Samsung apps. If I continue to use the Google suite will I just be missing out on what makes the s24 lineup special? Not sure if Google will fill the gap soon enough or reserve their AI at pixel exclusives. 

Anyone coming from other phones with this dilemma or thoughts? 
8 Replies
Focr06
Comet
Options
Galaxy S24
Very confused about your dilemma.. You don't have to use anything Samsung. You can use all Google apps. I don't use anything Samsung other Notes, it works well with my tablets and serves my needs for drawing. Everything else I use is Google or Microsoft. I buy Samsung phones Cuz they have better screens and cameras for what I use them.. There are somethings that Samsung is better at than Google. To me, I get the best of both worlds! I've tried using pixels before.. But they are just too barebone that I need to get or buy apps to do what I can with Samsung, already included. To make a better experience, if you're into customizing, get good lock and look at all of their modules.
Focr06
Comet
Options
Galaxy S24
With that being said, the screen on my new S24 ultra is some 💩, will be returning this phone Monday if they don't get their 💩 together by then. Is embarrassing how bad these screens are compared to my other phones. Even my iPhone friends noticed it and said.. Tf is wrong with your phone.
0 Likes
msvd10
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy S24
What's wrong with your screen? I have s24+ haven't had any issues
0 Likes
Focr06
Comet
Options
Galaxy S24
Screen is dull, even pictures look bad. Color gamma is very low compared to most screens from the past 5+ years. And it's not the the screen, it's software bug.
0 Likes
msvd10
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy S24
Thanks. The dilemma is around the use of the AI features. So for example Samsung Internet app has the summarize page function but I like using chrome. Summarizing in Chrome is only a pixel 8 feature at the moment. I like using the Google phone app but the new live transcribe features are all in the Samsung phone app. Same with Google photos vs Samsung gallery. Just seems that you have to use Samsung apps on ur S24 to use AI otherwise you can't. Does that make sense?
Focr06
Comet
Options
Galaxy S24
Ah, well, I don't use Samsung internet because it didn't doesn't sync with chrome. But I remember when I used it 5+ years ago, it had nicer features than chrome. Got used to it
0 Likes
bjosson
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24

We will see. If oneos cant support or compete with google software in the next couple years with ai features taking off, their better hardware wont save them. People who know how to take advantage of the software will migrate to google. Back to google in my case as well. Buy a phone protector and sell if they fall behind, that's my plan.

Samsung messaging just doesn't support half of my sms conversations after migrating... yeah sticking with google messaging for now.

msvd10
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy S24
I like Samsung hardware coming from a pixel but I have to use Samsung apps for the AI stuff. So either you get a pixel with inferior specs or galaxy and limited Google functionality. I'm hoping the pixel 10 with in house chip will be the phone with both
0 Likes