AKG earbuds

Constellation

AKG earbuds

Anyone else have problems with the AKG earbuds provided with their S8/S8+? After using mine for about 20 min the sound in the right earbuds stopped working. These are supposed to be premium earbuds by AKG and the model to my understanding is  the Y50BT which is not sold on AKG's website but are exclusive only to the S8/S8+. 

28 REPLIES
Samsung Moderator

Re: AKG earbuds

Hello @userSmojNh1MEV

If the headphones stopped working, it might be best to try for an exchange for a new pair. In that case, definitely reach out to Samsung directly via Phone (1-800-SAMSUNG/1-800-726-7864), Twitter, or even Facebook.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Constellation

My right earbud also stopped working for me, I used them once the day I got them and they worked, but now only the left earbud works.

Asteroid

Finally!! Someone I can share my pain with

Constellation

I thought I was the only one who got a Faulty pair. Stopped working in the right ear not 2 days after receiving my 8+and I thought this was supposed to be a great set.  I put them in the drawer because I was too frustrated to contact Samsung and went out and purchased a wireless set, works all the time. 

I am going to have Samsung replace them, and reimburse me. 

Constellation

They're junk. Poor fit (tried all sizes that are included), you can hear 30-40% ambient noise.

I am NOT happy.

After spending $700+ on a phone and falling for the hype regarding the ear buds, I expect the quality to be superior to something I get at CVS.

[ Edited ]

@userQEVnqcNFsN, they are by no means noise isolating earbuds, you're right. I don't see how they're CVS quality at all. I think you're being unreasonable here. They sound great imo. Hope you can be happier about your new device.

Constellation

I was just looking to see if this was a known issue and it would seem that a lot of people have reported the same thing. It seems to be predominantly the right earpiece. Definitely an issue which Samsung need to address

Constellation

Can a replacement from where I bought the phone like at T-Mobile 

AKG earbuds

I have had two pairs of these and both of them stopped working in the right earbud