App pair disappeared overnight

SOLVED
Highlighted
Asteroid

App pair disappeared overnight

Hey guys...I'm pairing my SunTrust banking app with Excel on the homescreen.  It will stay there that day, but will be gone the next day.  I don't have secure folder activated and I'm not a fan of the edge feature.

What gives?

See more topics labeled with:

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Asteroid
Solution
Accepted by topic author Melonhead
‎05-22-2018 07:11 AM

Re: App pair disappeared overnight

I think I solved the problem.   I created another app pair early yesterday, then disabled the Secure Folder app.  I also rolled back the updates for Apps Edge.

So far the app pair is still there.

11 REPLIES
Supernova

Hey, @Melonhead, are either of these apps getting updates in the time period?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Asteroid

No.  No updates for either during that period.

Supernova

Alright, thanks so much for letting us know, @Melonhead, Would you mind letting us know some more details about your device so that we can attempt to duplicate this behavior?

* Model Number

* Baseband Version

* Carrier

You can find this information in Settings > About Phone. Thanks!

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Asteroid

* Model Number: SM-G950U

* Baseband Version: G950USQU3CRD4

* Carrier: Sprint

Supernova

Hey, thanks for getting back to me, @Melonhead. I've tested this and I can't get my pair to disappear.

Would you mind letting me know what troubleshooting you have already tried?

Asteroid

This happens overnight, not in a few hours.  I've tried to go through all of the settings, and searched online.  There are references to the app pair disappearing from the edge screen though.  Before this last update the app pair stayed in the folder.

Supernova

Hey, @Melonhead, I've let this sit overnight and am not seeing this occur yet. I will try making a pair with those two particular apps and see if that helps replicate it.

Would you mind elaborating as to what you mean by a reference in a the edge screen to this disappearing?

Asteroid

The edge screen you can use on the side...has different panels.

Supernova

Hey, @Melonhead, thanks for letting me know about that. You mentioned a reference to the app pair disappearing in the Edge Panel, can you go into more detail about that?

I've let this pair of apps sit on my test device here over the weekend and it is yet to disappear, so I'd like to work with you to find a solution for your device.