Done

This fixed the issue for me.

Bonifac

Astronaut

Re: Camera Not Focusing and Blurry Photos

I just tapped the back of the camera and that did the trick lol 

Constellation

Ridiculous, all of a sudden (have S8 since 5 months) the main camera became blurry (only able to see 3cm micro distance).

Shook the camera hard, and it popped back into focus.
A faulty phone, expect a proper solution from Samsung.

Definitely not a software issue. I could hear the hardware click back into place..

Constellation

Same issue for me here and Samsung are deniying it's an issue - last Samsung I buy tbh!

Mine started a month from purchase, I sent it back and they found no fault....surprise surprise!

Apparently, as the fault isn't there in safe mode then it's a software problem caused by one of the apps I've installed.

Their solution was to uninstall each one individually and see which solves the issue...great! It doesn't happen every time I open the camera so to test proplerly will take weeks.

I have an £800 phone that doesn't work when you install apps on it, great job Samsung!

Astronaut

[ Edited ]

I opened the camera, just gave it a light tap on the side of the phone and all good, focus back...All Good!

Astronaut

También soy de Ecuador y me pasa lo mismo

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Solution
Accepted by SamsungViv (Samsung Moderator)
4 weeks ago

[ Edited ]

Greetings folks!

We’ve been following this thread, and we wanted to share some common things to try to resolve this issue so you don’t have to dig too far into the thread to get answers.

1. Are all your Apps are up to date? You have 2 places that you need to look, the Google Play Store and Galaxy App store. Make sure you to go to both App Store apps and check My Apps. Make sure there is no app that needs updating. 
  2. Is your phone operating system up to date? Go to Settings > About phone and check for software update. Make sure you have the latest phone software. 
  3. Clear Application caches and Application data. Instructions are HERE.
  4. Clear phone cache. Instructions are HERE

If you’ve tried all of these, and are still having problems with your camera focusing, I would suggest sending the device in for an evaluation and repair.   

For those of you that are in the US and using US devices, reach out to Samsung directly via phone (1-800-SAMSUNG/1-800-726-7864).

Also, you may want to reach out to your carrier to see if they have a different option that might suit you better.  Each carrier has different warranty and return policies, so they will be able to give you the answers specific to your situation.

For those of you that are in a different country, please reach out to the Samsung support in your region to set up that evaluation and repair. You can find the master list for regional support right HERE

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.