Charging port of my galaxy s8+ has burning smell when charging and the charger is really hot.

Highlighted
Astronaut

Charging port of my galaxy s8+ has burning smell when charging and the charger is really hot.

Hey, i have a samsung galaxy s8 plus and ive had it for about 4 months now and ive had no problem with it until this morning before i went to school, i noticed that my phone had stopped charging and it showed a message that said that i should check my charger because it was charging slow or something like that and when i got back home i had to charge it and when i plugged it in, i noticed that it wasnt charging so i unplugged it and the usb type c port was hot and it had a really bad burning smell, i dont know what to do since this is the first time it has happened, can anyone please help me, i would appreciate it.

-Samir

1 REPLY
Samsung Moderator

Re: Charging port of my galaxy s8+ has burning smell when charging and the charger is really hot.

Hi @userLAS8xyFiwt  I'm sorry to hear you're experiencing this but I would like to be of assistance. Are you okay? The safety of our customers is our number one priority so if the device is becoming too warm for you to handle, I do recommend that you discontinue using it immediately. I will be reaching out to you through Private Messages if you could take a look when you have a chance.