Delayed notifications

SOLVED
Cosmic Ray

Delayed notifications

Hi, using sprint s8 since April 20 and over past few days I have been getting delayed notifications for some apps: mainly gmail but i believe this extends to other Google framework services such as protonmail

I have disabled battery optimization completely. I have also gone to apps: special privileges: battery optimization and disabled optimization for trouble apps and Google framework. 

Still getting delayed notifications. The delay is anywhere from 1-2+ hours in most cases, though occasionally only 30 minutes. 

Not roaming, occurs on wifi and off wifi. Occurs with wifi calling on and off. RAM has 4+ gigs to spare. Phone restarted several times and complete shutdown several times as well. 

My question: what other settings should I be checking? Trying to avoid factory reset but will go that route once all other options have been exhausted. 

Thanks

See more topics labeled with:

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Cosmic Ray
Solution
Accepted by topic author Entozoic
‎06-26-2017 05:53 AM

Re: Delayed notifications

Try to disable google app as i suggested
173 REPLIES
Constellation

Constellation

SAME TOO MANY DELAYED NOTIFICIATIONS, MY PHONE WAS WORKING PERFECTLY A WEEK AGO NO I HAVE MAIN ISSUES

Cosmic Ray

I'm also now seeing the SD Card unmount/restart issues that others are reporting. I have had to remove my 256 gig SD  card that was included in my immersive bundle that I have been using since 4/20. My notifications are still severely delayed. Ranging 1-2 hours. 

Cosmic Ray

Bump

Asteroid

Same issue here. I believe the latest update caused the issue. Apps I have problems with

All Facebook Apps including Pages and Messenger 

WhatsApp 

GoSMS Pro

Default messaging app

I've noticed as soon as I open the app it gives me all my notifications. Like it's in a deep sleep. And additionally no counters on apps for the notifications either so unless I open the app i have no idea if there is anything there.

This is frustrating I have disabled battery optimisation also and still no fix. 

Please acknowledge and address this issue as soon as possible.

Asteroid

At a loss as to why Samsung Moderators are ignoring this post and reply to others that have been posted after this. At least acknowledge the post and say u will investigate. Notifications are an important feature on any phone and for it to not work is a massive bug..

@SamsungMel @SamsungViv
Samsung Moderator

Hey folks

I know that a few threads have popped up about this recently. I'm not sure what might have gone wrong. Since it's effect seems to be spread across several different apps I've taken that list and will send that up. Do each of you have the S8 with Sprint, or do some have the S8+ or different carrier?

Be sure to check for any pending updates to your OS and apps, I know that Sprint is pushing an update at the least so maybe this will get some help with that.  Smiley Happy

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Asteroid

I do not have thr Sprint Version i have the international version. I'm based in New Zealand. 

Additionally some apps work fine. Twitter for example. It seems the apps that have problems are those that are designed for messaging

It really is becoming annoying and defeats the purpose of a having a phone in the first place.

On the weekend if still not resolved I will be wiping my phone again (third time) back to stock and will test each app I have installed to make sure it's not conflicting somewhere. If this fails and Samsung haven't acknowledged this as a major bug and provided a release fix date I will be returning my phone and this may be the last Samsung phone I ever buy. 

Thanks for replying it is appericated.

Dan

Asteroid

Ok fixed this issue myself. The problems appears to be due to a feature in the Nogurt OS called Data Saver. With this enabled and no apps selected to bypass ur notifcarions will be delayed till u open the app. Understand what this is intended to do but should not be active by default.

Disabled Data Saver and my notifications are restored.

Thanks