Divice gets hot s8

Constellation

Divice gets hot s8

Im using the s8  for a week and all day is hot, even if is charging, I try to restart and get to keep it cool but is not working 

See more topics labeled with:

17 REPLIES
Asteroid

Re: Divice gets hot s8

check your battery stats...see what is using the most.
Astronaut

Me too! I've been trying to find others with the same problem but until I just saw this post I thought I was alone. Mine runs SUPER hot and all the diagnostic tools do not indicate any particular app is a problem....

Samsung Moderator

Hello all!

Let's try some troubleshooting steps, just let us know how these go!

1. Are all your Apps are up to date? You have 2 places that you need to look. Google Play store and Galaxy app store. Go to both and check My Apps. Make sure there is no app that needs updating. 
  2. Is your phone OS up to date? Go to Settings, About phone and check for software update. Make sure you have the latest phone software. 
  3. Clear phone cache. Instructions are here
  4. Clear Application cache and sometime Application data. Instructions are here
  5. Restart your phone in Safe mode. This is just to help you isolate the issue if it is caused by 3rd part apps. Instructions are here

If those don't help, we certainly want to assist you further with this matter. To better do that, can we have some added details about your specific device and this concern? Things that will help the most would be the exact model number and Baseband version (both under Settings>About Device) for your device as well as your carrier. Thanks!

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Samsung Moderator

Hey all. I just wanted to reach back out and see if those steps helped out! If not, please let the Community know so that they can look into different ideas to help further.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Constellation

Hi

My S8 which ive had since 20th April from carphone warehouse has worked fine since I've had it but just recently has been getting very hot whilst charging. The phone works fine and stays cool when charged and using during the day without any bother but when I plug it in to my Samsung charger it gets very hot whilst charging. Any ideas.

Constellation

Re: Device gets hot s8

I have had the S8+ for 1/1/2 weeks and recently did a factory reset to make sure nothing was out of the ordinary.  My device gets uncomfortably hot during use and charging.  

I am using: 

Capture.PNG

Please advise if I should return to the store.

Samsung Moderator

Hey @userxtfstEStBc

Just to check, are you using it while charging? When it get warm, what are you doing? There is a bit of a difference in the power used between just texting or playing a game. Just let us know!

Constellation

Hello, i Just Bought my Galaxy S8+ 2 days ago (24-May-2017) , from the official Samsung Online Shop in Germany, and i still have it Fully new, i didn't even put my Google Account on it, and didn't download any apps, only 2 or 3 apps from the Galaxy Store and i don't even use them, and now i just found out that when i put the phone in it's own original charger, the phone gets so hot, i checked the temperature with an app and it gets 38.9c° just a minute after i plug it to charge it.

by the way, i'm not even using the phone while it's charging !!

what should i do now ??
Samsung Moderator

Hey @userPQ3dGabZzC

I would suggest reaching out to your regional support. It's possible that they can either fix this up or walk you through some steps that will fix things.  Smiley Happy

Naturally you can wait and see if anyone in the Community has any ideas but since this is a Community largely based in USA devices, it might be a bit harder for them to fully assist.