Galaxy S8 Bluetooth Connection

Constellation

Re: Galaxy S8 Bluetooth Connection

Has there been any update? My new S8 bluetooth connection is much worse than my old LG G3! I can't even have the phone in my pocket without losing connection intermittently.

Asteroid

userdMUqQeUsAF wrote:

Has there been any update? My new S8 bluetooth connection is much worse than my old LG G3! I can't even have the phone in my pocket without losing connection intermittently.

No update and no release date for the Samsung Experience update that comes with Nougat 7.1 which might fix the problem. Note that even when we do get an update from Samsung, it could be days / weeks / months before it is released by the carriers, so I wouldn't hold my breath.

Constellation

I received an ATT update this morning and was happy that it might solve the issue but it has gotten worse after doing the update, do you think samsung guys are even working on fixing it or bothered about it ? I highly doubt now. 

Highlighted
Constellation

Just want to chime in and confirm. AT&T GS8+. Love the phone for the most part, but they abysmal BT connectivity prompted me to put it in a drawer and buy an LG G6. The G6 connects to all of my Bluetooth devices flawlessly, but I really miss that big AMOLED screen.

My Airpods are the best example. They don't so much as stutter when connected to my G6 or iPhone, but I can't even listen to a song without them cutting out constantly when I use the S8+. I was expecting more from Bluetooth 5.0. It's supposed to have twice the range.
Constellation

The bluetooth in the S8 is a know issue that they have yet to resolve.

Astronaut

Hi

I am having the same issue pairing my polar v800

Constellation

I'm having issues skipping audio with my pioneer car stereo, my old S4 had better connection.

Asteroid

I can't get my s8 to activate the bluetooth media audio in my 2010 Infiniti fx 35. I didn't have this issue with the s7 edge.

Constellation

I can tell you that the UE Boom 2 has issues because I've always had issues on any device. But for sure the S8 has Bluetooth issues

CanJanosh9 wrote:

Yep, i have too on my S8 Plus. I try to listen to music through my speakers (USE Megaboom & Boom 2) but after a few minutes of them being connected, it just disconnects. It's doesn't show an error nor does it show anything else but i can go back into the Bluetooth setting to reconnect it. Kinda giving up on that though, it just keeps happening.

Oh yeah, my smartwatch can't connect to it either (Pebble 2). My watch says it connected but it doesn't communicate with my phone at all which defeats the purpose of it.

Hope this'll get fixed soon. :/

Constellation

My S8 has connection issues for sure, not just the Bluetooth but the WIFI as well..if you put your hand on the top of the phone you can see the WIFI bars go down. For some apparent reason Samsung knows the issue but chooses not to listen to customers..i mean for example look at the note 7