Galaxy S8 Bluetooth Connection

SOLVED
Asteroid

Galaxy S8 Bluetooth Connection

Love to use my phone connected to my car to listen to music but my S8 breaks up when i'm listening to the music. It kind of sounds like a cd skipping. I never had this issue with my S7. Has anyone else had issues with their Bluetooth connectivity? 

See more topics labeled with:

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Samsung Moderator
Solution
Accepted by SamsungMel (Samsung Moderator)
‎12-01-2017 10:21 AM

Re: Galaxy S8 Bluetooth Connection

Alright everybody, I know this is still a big concern with most users. So I came back on here to provide some clarification. First, please keep in mind that our team here has limited support on international and/or foreign devices. The regional teams dedicated to those models may have further insight on the matter.
These S8 model phones are running Bluetooth 5 which is a newer version that may not be being used by the other devices you are attempting to pair to which can result in this problem. 
Regardless, please review the following steps for this kind of connectivity issue:

• Check for software updates on both the phone and the device you are connecting to. For those connecting to their car radio, you will need to reach out to the dealership for this.
• Make sure the devices you are trying to pair with are designed to connect to the S8, as each device as a specific profile that spells out what it can connect with.
• Simply try turning off/on, soft reset the phone.
• Toggle the Bluetooth service off/on. A list of devices will generate that Smartphone can pair with or have already paired before. 

NOTE: Older models will require to enable discovery or visibility time

Home > Settings > Navigate to Bluetooth > turn on\off 
- Check the option to be visible to paired devices. 

Make sure Bluetooth devices are within 30 feet of each other and tap scan. 

• Unpair or forget devices under paired under Devices > Home > Apps> Settings > Navigate to Bluetooth > Paired Devices > select the cogwheel > Select to Unpair/Forget 
• Toggle with the NFC setting in Home > Apps> Settings > Connect and Share > NFC > Turn Off NFC. 
• Toggle with Wi-Fi Connection in Home > Apps> Settings > Connect > Wi-Fi > Turn Off 
• Enter device into Safe Mode to Identified 3rd party application issues. 
If the device works properly in safe mode that means that an installed app is most likely responsible for cause of the issue. 
To determine what app might be causing the issue, uninstall any third party apps you have recently downloaded one by one and test to see if the problem still persists.
• Test the phone with other Bluetooth devices. This will test for connectivity stability between the Smartphone and Bluetooth devices. 
In addition it can determine if Smartphone Bluetooth is hardware malfunctioning. 
• Clear Data & Cache on Bluetooth Application Manager > Home > Apps > Settings > Device > Application Manager > Scroll to the left until you find All > Search for Bluetooth > Clear Data & Cache > Reboot the device.
Reset Network Settings: >>>Home > Backup and Reset > Reset Network Settings > This will reset all network settings, including those for
- Wi-Fi
- Mobile Data
- Bluetooth 

• Clear Cache Partition > Turn off the device > Press and hold Home, Power and Volume Down buttons simultaneously until the device vibrates > When the Samsung logo appears, release them. > Tap Volume Down repeatedly until you Wipe Cache Partition. Select it with the power button. Select Yes > Wait for the process to complete> Phone will reboot.
• Performing a Factory Reset: Before performing this step, advice customer to backup all personal data they wish to save. This can be done using Smart-Switch on customer PC. A factory reset will wipe phone clean, restoring the software to how it was when the device left the factory. Steps > From the Home screen touch Settings. > Touch backup and reset. > Touch Factory data reset. >Touch Reset device.

*** FOR THOSE OF YOU PAIRING TO A VEHICLE PLEASE SEE THE FOLLOWING STEPS:  ***
Note: Due to different specifications and features of other Bluetooth-compatible devices, display and operations may be different, and functions such as transfer or exchange may not be possible with all Bluetooth compatible devices. 
• Check to see if the car stereo has reached the limit for connections. It's possible that your vehicle has a limit placed within the system and you may need to delete older profiles. This information may be found within the user manual, or by contacting the dealership.
• Try starting from scratch - Delete/remove/forget/unpaired Bluetooth from the phone and from the car stereo (See User Manual for vehicle system stereo on how to remove Bluetooth devices). After removing/clearing all device from phone and car stereo rediscover both devices and pair them back together. 
• Update the hardware’s firmware on vehicle system - Visit your local dealership to check for any updates to vehicle system/stereo. It’s a possibility that after updates to smartphone, Bluetooth compatibility between devices have changed.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

823 REPLIES
Constellation

I am having the same issue on my S8.  Using the Sony SBH80 bluetooth headset audio breaks up very often.   I didn't have this issue on my previous device LG G6.  

Asteroid

Yep, i have too on my S8 Plus. I try to listen to music through my speakers (USE Megaboom & Boom 2) but after a few minutes of them being connected, it just disconnects. It's doesn't show an error nor does it show anything else but i can go back into the Bluetooth setting to reconnect it. Kinda giving up on that though, it just keeps happening.

Oh yeah, my smartwatch can't connect to it either (Pebble 2). My watch says it connected but it doesn't communicate with my phone at all which defeats the purpose of it.

Hope this'll get fixed soon. :/

Honored Contributor

Were you not having this connection issue previously to any installed third party apps? Just curious if there's perhaps an app that might need to be updated that's causing interference between devices. You can also try to completely power cycle both your phone, and the BT devices you're trying to connect to. Make sure they're unpaired first before turning them off. Once you you do this, boot them all back up, and pair one at a time to test.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you. If a post stand out to you, perhaps you could give that post a star to show other community members they were able to assist or was relevant to you.

Astronaut

Also having very "choppy" bluetooth connection with the new S8 Plus.  The bluetooth device worked perfectly with previous phone, and continues to work perfectly with other devices.  No series of power-cycling/repairing seems to work.  I've read, on other forums, that clearing the bluetooth cache seems to clear the issue (however, it's not known whether that's a temporary fix, or not), but I'm having trouble locating "Bluetooth" in the Nougat Apps Manager.  Would you have any input there?

Honored Contributor

It's going to be in the App Manager for sure. You'll want to hit the three line/dot tab in the top right to access the drop down menu for more options. Make sure System Apps are being shown, and this should have Bluetooth appear. Press on that and take a peek around, I believe it's under data?...but you'll be able to clear the cache and data, as well as force stop the BT altogether for a nice restart.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you. If a post stand out to you, perhaps you could give that post a star to show other community members they were able to assist or was relevant to you.

Asteroid

Hi! My Galaxy S7 worked fine connected to Bluetooth with all my apps. I did a power cycle and cleared my Bluetooth's app data and cache and it didn't work. 

Honored Contributor

It may be something that needs to get addressed with an update, especially if any of the steps provided above did not work at all for you. Let me bring this to the attention of our team, so they're aware of what sort of things are going on, and hopefully can get some more input on it.

Asteroid

That's exactly what I thought and the reasonI posted here to make you guys aware of the issue. Thank you!

Constellation

[ Edited ]

I have a Pioneer AVH-P3400BH. My old phone (Nexus 6) had excellent Bluetooth functionality with this unit. I could see track info, play/pause/skip tracks, and answer/end calls. My new S8+ does not have any of this. I can play music, and answer calls, but there is no track info, and all controls must be done on the phone screen. Please fix this, it is a HUGE inconvenience when I'm driving!