Galaxy S8+ Freezing

Constellation

Re: Galaxy S8+ Freezing

Yes and yes and yes, s8+ locks up, freezes reboots left, right up and down. Now I can't say if my friend that has just the s8 (not plus) is just lie ing to me.... Smiley Sad he would to 1 up on me, but he says he doesn't have a lick of trouble.

I've reset, safer etc.... just waiting to get maybe the 2nd gen phone since it can't be the software 

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator

We are aware of a limited number of reports about S8/S8+ devices experiencing an issue with some of their applications. Any consumer who experiences this issue should update their apps in the Samsung Galaxy Store and the Google Play Store.

(Open Galaxy app → Go to → Navigate to Update, then touch the Update icon next to Personalization Service  → The updated version should be greater than 1.2.00.)

Any consumers with questions should contact us directly at 1-800-SAMSUNG so that we can help them.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Constellation

Hi Viv

For a friend of my I have fixed the S8+. It's simply done- uninstall the Chreome app. It took only five seconds.

And I ask him after a few months how's it going, and he said "perfect"! And that in full mode.

And he also always choose for the Samsung browser.

Actually, the people whu like Samsung, they have the most problem🤔

Samsung Moderator

Wonderful! Thanks for the help @expert

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Constellation

SamsungViv wrote:

Wonderful! Thanks for the help @expert

No problem Viv- I can fix all the Samsung phone it need😁

But it seems that some device cannot uninstall the Chrome app¡¿

And if it's the whole US market like this, then it's not easys.

It should warn the users not to use the Samsung browser! In ordet to avoid these types of issues that the people complain about. Currently, there is no other way than to use Chrome...!

Constellation

Same issues here.  Have gone through 2 s8+ phones now with same issues.  The 2nd phone out of the box with a factory reset and no additional apps installed and no SD card locked up after about 2 days.  Just disabled Chrome based on another post I saw in here hoping that helps.

Cosmic Ray

All,

I believe the last update from Samsung fixes this issue. For T-Mobile people that update is NRD90M.G955USQU1AQJ8. After applying this update you should be at the 10/1 Android patch level but I believe it brought us some fixes that were not called out for the freezing. My freezing is gone now.

Steve

Constellation

userjEkLrFpi5Y wrote:

Same issues here.  Have gone through 2 s8+ phones now with same issues.  The 2nd phone out of the box with a factory reset and no additional apps installed and no SD card locked up after about 2 days.  Just disabled Chrome based on another post I saw in here hoping that helps.

So don't forget to report😁

Constellation

SPetrillo-US wrote:

All,

I believe the last update from Samsung fixes this issue. For T-Mobile people that update is NRD90M.G955USQU1AQJ8. After applying this update you should be at the 10/1 Android patch level but I believe it brought us some fixes that were not called out for the freezing. My freezing is gone now.

Steve

It is never been a update for this kind of things! There is always been only a problem. You know- freezing, heating and battery draing is caused by the same issue. And this figures for more then five years on the Samsung S series!

Astronaut

this is not a solution.  Many of us new Galaxy S8+ users are having consistent, and incredibly annoying and bothersome FREEZING problems.  The phone is useless if you cannot depend upon it for calls, alarms, and functionality.   PLEASE tell your corporate overlords that, once again, Samsung is fumbling the ball.

Acknowledge the error, tell us you are working on it, and then alert us to a patch that will cure the freezing once and for all.  If not, I am calling corporate and demanding a refund, and will never purchase any Samsung product again... ever.