JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Galaxy S8 Wifi Issues

(Topic created: 05-31-2017 11:37 AM)
Holybob
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

So I am posting here because after research I do not see anyone with this issue and wanted to see if anyone had suggestions on what to do to attempt to fix it. 

What will happen is my phone will lose internet connection while connected to my Wifi. As shown in the screen shots below it has the Wifi Symbol along with an exclamation mark. When I go to the Wifi settings it states "Internet may not be available"

The only way to fix the issue is to turn the wifi off then back on. Now keep in mind that this does not happen all the time as It will happen spoardically throughout the day and there does not seem to be a specific app that causes this. This has happened while browsing the internet on multiple different browsers and it has happened while watching videos in applications such as Youtube, Twitch, Netflix, Hulu, etc.... This issue only seems to be affecting my galaxy S8 as the other devices on my network does not have this issue including my old Samsung S7 Edge.

What I have tried is the following in no particular order 

• Turned the phone off/on
  • Cleared browser cache
  • Cleared the cache partition
  • Reset my wifi connections
  • Factory reset my phone
  • Reset my router
  • Verified my Router Firmware was up to date
  • Had Verizion send me a replacement phone. Same issue happens

My Router is the Google Onhub

Galaxy S8 Screen Shot 1.pngGalaxy S8 Screen Shot 2.png

477 Replies
userPhqUhg2SAO
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

After scouring the web, i found this thread. I have the same Wi-Fi issues.

Both my s7e and my wifes s7 WiFi keeps dropping from time to time, getting the exclamation point at the Wi-Fi symbol. Please see attached photo.

All other devices at home, 3 laptops, 2 Blackberrys, desktop, and other gadgets, connects to it flawlessly. Not a single drop.

I dont use Samsung Cloud, while switch is turned off. 

Both my wife and i are planning to get the s8+ and note 8 but now having second thoughts due to this prevalent and unsolved problem by Samsung. 

Is there a permanent fix for this issue? No official word, response or solution from Samsung?

0 Likes
userPhqUhg2SAO
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

This is exasperating!

0 Likes
user5NSdKqtTN2
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I have same problem and it is very annoying. I and my wife got S8 plus and both have the problem.

There are 3 WIFI Router that covers my house. I have problems saying internet might not be available every time I connect. This is very disappointing. Other Phones in the house like Iphone do not have the problem.

What I noticed is that the IP range of my router is:

But my S8 says he is connected but the IP is

Anyone have solution?

Thanks!

johncasey37
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

the annoying part is paying for mobile data....when I sit under an access point. I can connect to it easy, but it drops connection in less than 1 hour.

0 Likes
userCGCgEN9Bvj
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones
with your setup it sounds like one of your routers is setup to be one zone(one router) while the other is connected to another router (router two). If you indeed have three routers(would have to see a WiFi map). the main one should be the one connected to the internet. the other two should be in bridge mode. you would want the other two to follow Suite (for example, router one would be 192.168.0.1, router 2 would be 192.168.0.2, and router 3, would be 192.168.0.3). you also want to make sure you have 2 connect to 1, and 3 connect to 1. if you go 3, 2, 1 there's an extra hop it has to take. make sure they are static IP also as that needs not to change. then you would make 192.168.0.10 through 192.168.0.99 your dynamic IPs (random device connecting) you want to leave 192.168.0.4 thru 9 open incase you have other static needs (another router, switch, device you need to have static to remote to like a nest thermostat etc) once you have that setup as such your Wi-Fi should report correctly. as for the disconnect, I am having the same issue. recently started happening over the past few months both at home and Work And on both 2.4ghz and 5ghz bands). I'm tempted to factory reset but due to 2fa through my phone and so many sites and financial apps tied directly to my phone, I don't want to take the chance of losing things yet.
0 Likes
userKVM9EOil11
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I have the same issue.

0 Likes
usernhoHEKOK9X
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones
I have a different isue it will not connect you go into WiFi settings it will say connecting then it will stop and about a minute later it will do the same by it's self and keeps doing this
0 Likes
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Does this occur if the device is booted into Safe mode? 

0 Likes
userDHoCaXGnNI
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Don't waste your time doing this. The mods don't have a fix only a script!
0 Likes
userDDnh0rh99I
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I have same issue even on static ip

0 Likes