JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Galaxy S8 Wifi Issues

(Topic created: 05-19-2017 12:39 PM)
Holybob
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

So I am posting here because after research I do not see anyone with this issue and wanted to see if anyone had suggestions on what to do to attempt to fix it. 

What will happen is my phone will lose internet connection while connected to my Wifi. As shown in the screen shots below it has the Wifi Symbol along with an exclamation mark. When I go to the Wifi settings it states "Internet may not be available"

The only way to fix the issue is to turn the wifi off then back on. Now keep in mind that this does not happen all the time as It will happen spoardically throughout the day and there does not seem to be a specific app that causes this. This has happened while browsing the internet on multiple different browsers and it has happened while watching videos in applications such as Youtube, Twitch, Netflix, Hulu, etc.... This issue only seems to be affecting my galaxy S8 as the other devices on my network does not have this issue including my old Samsung S7 Edge.

What I have tried is the following in no particular order 

• Turned the phone off/on
  • Cleared browser cache
  • Cleared the cache partition
  • Reset my wifi connections
  • Factory reset my phone
  • Reset my router
  • Verified my Router Firmware was up to date
  • Had Verizion send me a replacement phone. Same issue happens

My Router is the Google Onhub

Galaxy S8 Screen Shot 1.pngGalaxy S8 Screen Shot 2.png

JUMP TO SOLUTION
477 Replies
SamsungKim1
Supernova
Options
Galaxy S Phones

The Android Software creates a platform for 3rd party applications, the application developers are responsible for compatibility. If you are having an issue with an application after the SW update, I would recommend contacting the app developer. That information can be found in the Google Play Store.

0 Likes
HJR2000
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

The phone worked fine before the update. Therefore compatibility was fine, but you sent an update that broke it.  Which means you didn't do enough testing.

You've also been very tardy in terms of doing anything about this issue and are only now suggesting that some kind of app conflict is responsible.

Simply not good enough.

0 Likes
FrancisBarbosa
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Hi guys! 

I'm a old Samsung's user and I was really angry with this issue since I bought my Galaxy S8+. I've never experienced such a headache as did like this exclamation bug.

In my case, I begun to face this problem every time I did connected my home wifi and any Bluetooth device at the same time. If I'd did connected on my wifi only, the exclamation problem would did not appeared and my connection speed it would got normal. 

When I realized that behavior I started to search a fix everywhere, but I couldn't find it anyone that worked for me. And I know this is a Samsung software issue, cause I tried everything possible in terms of configuration, tricks and updates. It's clear to me this is a Samsung bug.

So, yesterday I finally managed to get rid of this problem with a simple trick work around and since then I haven't faced it anymore. I can't say why this tricky does solve such bug, but it does and I want share with you guys.

Go to your settings, connections, mobile networks, access point names. Click the three dots upper right and select reset to default. Restart your phone. The exclamation will not return when on wifi.

Credits: GreenCopperz (xda-developers forum) 

0 Likes
userSczEItT21d
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Can the resolved label be removed? This issue is not resolved.

This issue has been occuring since the day that I opened the phone so I do not know if my phone in particular was not working when I first got it (i.e. I have a defective product).

This seems to be a widespread issue with the number of people expressing concern on this page. Are moderators here sending information to Samsung to try to resolve this?

Also, the fix that @FrancisBarbosa suggested did not work for me.

0 Likes
SamsungKim1
Supernova
Options
Galaxy S Phones

May I know which of the troubleshooting steps you have tried already? 

0 Likes
userSczEItT21d
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

@SamsungKim1 - I have reset wireless connections, reset the phone, reset the device IP address, reset the access point names. I have tried other things, but I cannot remember them all at the moment. I have only had the phone for a couple of weeks and my home wifi network is the only one that it has issues with (all of my other connected devices work just fine).

0 Likes
SamsungKim1
Supernova
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Can I have your full model code, baseband version, and carrier information?

0 Likes
userSczEItT21d
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

@SamsungMichelle already has this information, but here it is again -

Model Number: G955U1

Baseband Version: G955U1UES3CRE2

Carrier: Verizon (through a prepaid company)

0 Likes
SamsungKim1
Supernova
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I recommend contacting Verizon to get an update. The current software update for the Samsung Galaxy S8 is  R16NW.G950USQU4CRE9

0 Likes
User EY61
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Model Number: SM-G950F
Baseband Version: G950FXXU2CRF1
0 Likes