Galaxy S8+, crackling bluetooth audio

Constellation

Galaxy S8+, crackling bluetooth audio

I recently early upgraded my S8+ to Oreo, and ever since my music crackles over Bluetooth, as if I'm listening to low quality music. This occurs in both of my vehicles which are Bluetooth equipped. Playing the music through an auxiliary cable is crystal clear. Anyone else experience this, and more importantly, will this issue be addressed in the official OTA Oreo rollout?

7 REPLIES

Re: Galaxy S8+, crackling bluetooth audio

How did you get the Oreo update? I wanna update too. let me try it and see if mine does the same thing. Thanks

Constellation

[ Edited ]

Read and follow the links in this article. 

Well... there's your answer. lol that isn't released from samsung and you are not even participating the beta.

Asteroid

liegl85 wrote:

I recently early upgraded my S8+ to Oreo, and ever since my music crackles over Bluetooth, as if I'm listening to low quality music. This occurs in both of my vehicles which are Bluetooth equipped. Playing the music through an auxiliary cable is crystal clear. Anyone else experience this, and more importantly, will this issue be addressed in the official OTA Oreo rollout?

Users (myself included) have complained about stuttering, cracking bluetooth audio on these forums since April 2017 even before Oreo. There seems to be no official solution. I was hoping the problem might be fixed with the Oreo upgrade but this is not very encouraging. 

I would say call 1800samsung to exchange but then you voided the warranty by updating to unofficial samsung software so i'm not sure samsung will take the device for exchange. you can try tho. another way is to send feedback via samsung+ app.

Constellation

This is infact running Samsung firmware for the phone, as it's their beta for Oreo. I'm not running a custom ROM or anything like that. I also have Premium Care, so I'm covered either way.

Constellation

meilton wrote:

liegl85 wrote:

Users (myself included) have complained about stuttering, cracking bluetooth audio on these forums since April 2017 even before Oreo. There seems to be no official solution. I was hoping the problem might be fixed with the Oreo upgrade but this is not very encouraging. 

I never once had this issue while running Nougat