Incomplete connection charging.

SOLVED
Astronaut

Re: Incomplete connection charging.

Just started this same exact issue. 

Samsung Galaxy S8 Plus, all samsung accessories, quick wall charger and wire. Use it every day, today, nothing. Says it will take 7 hours to fully charge. It was actually losing power while plugged in and I had no idea.

Plugged it into my work partner's cord (samsung as well) 1 hour till fully charged. 

-restarted

-powered off/on
-cleaned

-used usb port only
-used wall adapter only
^ none of that works

Seems like a cord problem if usb and wall didn't work tho.

Thankfully I talked my partner into getting a s8+ or I'd be down for the count tonight.

Astronaut

Same problem about a month out of the box from Verizon. 

Constellation

My daughter's S8 began having this exact problem.  She leaves it on the Samsung original equipment charger all night.  It only reaches 5% charge.   I was going to buy a Samsung Galaxy S8+ next week, but now I am reconsidering.  How is Samsung going to fix the S8 and S8+ phones?  Last week, I had a Galaxy S7 Edge blow up.  It caught on fire and smoked for many minutes.  I've always thought that Samsung phones were the best, but these issues are becoming a big problem.

Astronaut

Same problems as everyone else. This is completly ridiculous. The original cable does not work. When I use a different micro-usb cable with the adadpter it works fine. I hope someone at Samsung is reading this and quickly creating a solution because I do not want to deal with the hassle of returning my new phone.

Astronaut

I have just started having the same issue with my 2 month~ old S8+

I've only ever used the cord and adapter that came with the device. No idea what is going on, but would really appreciate a solution.

Thanks Smiley Happy
Constellation

My device is about a month old, same issue with the Samsung charger that came with the device.  It chargers using my wireless charger thankfully, but it doesn't fast charge, really annoying for such an expensive device. 

I have a Verizon Samsung Galaxy S8+ , model # SM-G955U, Baseband version G955USQU1AQG4

Constellation

Im having that same problem. 

Sm-g955u

G955usqu1aqdf

Sometimes when i flip the plug it works normal. But its been like this since the first week i bought the phone. 

Constellation

My husband is having the same issue with his S8.

We purchased the phone at Best Buy 5/12/2017. He just started having the charging problem in late July. I have emailed Samsung and I am waiting for a response. Like others, here are some of the issues I am seeing and what we've done to try and resolve it.

Issues:

-Fast-charging not working

-Phone charging extremely slow and displays that the remaining charging time is up to 20 HOURS

-Leave phone plugged in overnight and only get up to ~35% charged

-Receive notification stating to check the connection of the charger.

Troubleshooting:
-Only using the charger that came with the phone
-Blown out ports with air
-Swabbed port with rubbing alcohol and dried
-Disabled and Re-enabled Fast Cable Charging
-Powered on/off device
-Completed a factory reset
-Sometimes when I flip the plug over it works like normal, but not always

Highlighted
Halo

[ Edited ]

I had a similar problem when i used a micro-usb with the adapter. When I left my phone case on and plugged it in my phoned it would not charge correctly. So I would try taking the case off than plugging it in. When I had the case on it seemed to be seatted correctly, but no. I hope helps. This was also the case with my OTG adapter. So yeah try without the case on.

Constellation

I bought my samsung 8 galaxy in june.  The speaker went bad two weeks ago.  I contacted verizon support and they had another samsung 8 sent to me.  Three days ago I plugged in the second samsung 8 and I receive "incomplete connection" error.  I was using the samsung 8 charger that came with the phone.  I tried a after market charger and recieved the same error message.  This is starting to look like a real problem with the samsung 8.  It looks like I need to get another one.

Tom