Lock Screen Not Working

SOLVED
Highlighted
Constellation

Lock Screen Not Working

The lockscreen on my S8 isn't working.

When i click the power button, the screen turns off but the clicking noise that signals the screen turning off doesn't trigger and when i click the power button again to turn the screen on, it skips the lock screen and goes straight into the home screen. This all happens, despite having fingerprint and iris scanning enabled. How do i fix this?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Constellation
Solution
Accepted by topic author user8BRL2ZmbNj
‎06-22-2018 06:48 PM

Re: Lock Screen Not Working

Somebody had the same issue a day or two ago. They reported back stating that the latest Samsung update has removed the swipe+password/pin/whatever lock.

So it's not something wrong with your phone and thus there is no fix. Samsung decided to remove the ability to swipe to unlock without having to type in your password. 

3 REPLIES
Samsung Moderator

Is your device completely up to date? You may need to check to be sure it is running the most recent software version. 

Constellation
Solution
Accepted by topic author user8BRL2ZmbNj
‎06-22-2018 06:48 PM

Somebody had the same issue a day or two ago. They reported back stating that the latest Samsung update has removed the swipe+password/pin/whatever lock.

So it's not something wrong with your phone and thus there is no fix. Samsung decided to remove the ability to swipe to unlock without having to type in your password. 

Constellation

That is literally so dumb. Why would they completely remove that as an option..? Is there no way to have that back as an option?