Moisture detected in charging port

Asteroid

Moisture detected in charging port

I've had it with Samsung!! I've had Samsung since the S3 and this moisture detected is complete garbage!! Calling support and all they can say is...I understand.....I understand...I understand....now you have to go somewhere to have someone look at your phone because it's a software issue. 

I trusted Samsung and had my phone in a few inches of water for a split second. Some guys in the water were even skeptical. I should've listened to them over Samsung's claim and commercial. 

Can't charge my phone and as we all know in this day and age, we need our phones for work as well as for social reasons. I am irate as to how Samsung handled this and will be getting a phone other than Samsung next. Will also blast this all over social media so my friends who are thinking of getting any Samsung will now change their minds. 

Good job Samsung!!!!! 

15 REPLIES
Constellation

Re: Moisture detected in charging port

It usually takes about 5 hours for me, get a blow dryer and air the phone out

Asteroid

Rone215 wrote:

It usually takes about 5 hours for me, get a blow dryer and air the phone out

It's been almost 24 hours. And I tried the blow dryer and qtip. They need to pull the pool commercial immediately because it's false advertising. Went to my carrier this morning and they're worried because it was salt water. So chlorine is safe?!?!? I'm baffled by this one. 

Constellation

Getting the same errors here.  Fully turning off and on again (not just restarting) allows the phone to charge.  This works for a while, then i get the error message again and have to turn it off and on again in order to recharge.  Makes me think it is a software issue as it only started after a software update last week.  Hopefully Samsung will release a new update to resolve this

Constellation

Same happened to me. I sent my phone to samsung and they sent me a new one. I only had that problem once when I went to the beach but it only lasted a few minutes. My phone works great they even sent me a free charging pad.

Asteroid

I don't understand. It only happened for a few minutes and you had to send your phone to Samsung?? Mines been over 24 hours. And they told me to go to best buy. Like I need to be inconvenienced with something that shouldn't be happening. 

Asteroid

Samsung said it is a software issue. Almost 7 days later and still can't charge my phone. 

Asteroid

Samsung said it is a software issue as well. Almost 7 days later and still can't charge my phone. But they have the commercial everywhere with the guy who dropped his phone in the water. Mine wasn't even in inches of water. 

Asteroid

I tried everything I could find to fix it. Point blank, it shouldn't have happened. That's my complaint. Now it's 9 days and still not charging. 

Highlighted
Astronaut

$800+ phone - never been wet and gets moisture error and won't charge.  VERRY UNHAPPY.  seems to happen when battery is 10% or less tried the clear cache, tried the on/off, tried the SAFE MODE,  tried multiple wall chargers,  tried blowing into slots, SOMEONE TOLD ME SUN-SPOTS???

finally after different cables and being turned off under 2% battery it finally charges.

THIS IS RIDICULOUS