No 4K support in Youtube in S8

SOLVED
Highlighted
Asteroid

No 4K support in Youtube in S8

[ Edited ]

Youtube app on S8 doesn't show 4k resolution for 4k videoes. Checked with my s7 .. the same video on s7 YouTube allows to switch to 4k..

Anyone else facing this issue?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Asteroid
Solution
Accepted by topic author userWxf3DzQiPY
‎04-21-2017 02:38 PM

Re: No 4K support in Youtube in S8

Found it.. Switching on Performance mode to entertainment mode.. enables 4k resolution .. Thanks for the help

25 REPLIES
Constellation

[ Edited ]

userWxf3DzQiPY wrote:

Youtube app on S8 doesn't show 4k resolution for 4k videoes. Checked with my s7 .. the same video on s7 YouTube allows to switch to 4k..

Anyone else facing this issue?

I can confirm that I'm able to switch to 4k resolution in YouTube on my S8.

Asteroid

Ok figured this out. Go to settings and under display find resolution and slide that bar to the MAX!! Fixed the issue for me.

Asteroid
Solution
Accepted by topic author userWxf3DzQiPY
‎04-21-2017 02:38 PM

Found it.. Switching on Performance mode to entertainment mode.. enables 4k resolution .. Thanks for the help

Asteroid

Or that lol thanks! Just learned something new.

Asteroid

Ya.. the s8 has so many software tweaks.. It's **bleep** frustrating when small things don't work

Asteroid

That's why there is the community! New tech always has bumps.

Honored Contributor

You said it @Oreo6432! You guys are awesome for helping each other out. I love to see this kind of stuff. I'd be lying if I didn't say I was a tiny bit jealous ya'll get to play with S8's, as I'll have to wait a bit. If you guys would like, check out my blog post I created here - Unbox Your Phone.....AND Your Thoughts!

Let me know what ya'll think about your new S8's there. I'd love to read about it.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you. If a post stand out to you, perhaps you could give that post a star to show other community members they were able to assist or was relevant to you.

Asteroid

These solutions don't work for me

Honored Contributor

So switching your profile to Entertainment Mode on your phone had no change whatsoever? Did you make sure to fully restart the Youtube application afterwards, or your phone in general? You can also customize those settings on your phone and make sure your resolution is turned as high as it will go, or toggle it down to the default resolution most videos are going to be at anyways.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you. If a post stand out to you, perhaps you could give that post a star to show other community members they were able to assist or was relevant to you.