Not receiving text messages on Galaxy S8

Astronaut

Just got this phone 3 weeks ago with AT&T and I've noticed that I wasn't receiving texts that people have sent me 3 days ago. I've all out avoided even using messaging and resorted to FB messenger. I really hope a fix is coming soon because this is pretty ridiculous.
4 REPLIES
Astronaut

Same here. I'm been experiencing this issue for 2 months now. took it to a Samsung experience center at bestbuy and they reflashed/factory rest my S8. The problem still continues till this day. I have AT&T and they didn't see anything on their end displaying that I had network issues... Please fix Samsung...
Samsung Moderator

Re: Not receiving text messages on Galaxy S8

Hello folks.

Interesting that you're both AT&T. Can I get the exact model number and Baseband version (both under Settings>About Device) for your device from both of you? Thanks!

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Astronaut

I have the same issue. Some texts won't come through on my phone. I currently have my S8+ through T-Mobile. I used to have a S7 and updated 2 months ago. Did the text chat with a expert. Uninstalled apps and am part of the Oreo Beta, problem also occurred before the Beta.

Samsung Moderator

Re: Not receiving text messages on Galaxy S8

@userjVYnGa0Mvz

I'd certainly reach out to your carrier. If the texts aren't going through even after a major 'update' like the Beta, then it might possibly be something on the carrier side.  Smiley Happy

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.