On the stock samsung app Gmail sign is failed

Highlighted
Constellation

On the stock samsung app Gmail sign is failed

On my s8 plus I am using the stock email app which I like better than the Gmail app. My yahoo account is syncing fine but for some reason the Gmail login goes through then says it failed. A few times it worked and emails loaded but when I checked back 30 minutes later it says that the sign in failed again. What's going on? 

32 REPLIES
Constellation

Re: On the stock samsung app Gmail sign is failed

I am having the same issue. I sign in successfully, (using 2 step verification) and the app syncs my emails. Then the next time it attempts to sync, it fails to login.

I have just upgraded from the S6 Edge to the S8+, and everything has come across fine (apps, accounts, settings etc), and my other emails are collected fine. Just my Gmail that has this issue. The problem did not happen on my S6 Edge.

I have disabled the GMail app on the S8+ (I don't like it - I prefer to use the stock Email app) in case a secondary app trying to collect emails from Gmail was causing this problem (googled the problem and this was offered up as a possible solution) - but it hasn't resolved the issue?

It is quite annoying!
Please someone help :-)
Constellation

Also having the same issue. I'm not sure if the issue is on the Samsung or Google end but I noticed that Google gave me a couple surveys yesterday after I would sign in and ask me what I thought about the security of Gmail that day. I wonder if this is Google testing out whether people would want Gmail to be so secure that you're having to do the two step process constantly. Definitely sick of it though

Constellation

I strongly suspect this issue is something to do with the phone, and not with Google, purely because it still works fine on my S6 Edge (the same email setup connecting to the same email boxes).
Nebula

[ Edited ]

Im having same issue to on my s8

Constellation

Samsung just delivered an Android update on my S8+, so lets see if this update has addressed this issue?
Literally just rebooted my phone after installation and entered my Gmail 2 step authentication once again.
Fingers crossed.
Constellation

Well, this update did not fix this issue. Hopefully a solution can be found!

Constellation

I've been having the same issue.  I decided to install the Google authenticator app and go through the setup and it seems to have solved it.  If something changes I will update but so far so good.

Constellation

I seem to have the same problem.  I just tried the Authenticator and it did not work.  Still failing.  What up?

Constellation

Had the same problem... Ended up downloading another app called ema... It works similar to the stock email app...