S8+ Notification Light

Highlighted
Constellation

S8+ Notification Light

So I got my new s8+ yesturday and I noticed that when I get a notification for a whatsapp message the notification LED is a pinkish purple colour. I've checked the whatsapp settings and it's set to white. Is there something wrong with the LED or am I missing something?

4 REPLIES
Honored Contributor

Re: S8+ Notification Light

I think that honestly might be the tone of the light that comes out when set to white. I don't think I've ever seen what the white LED notification looks like on any of my devices since I've owned smart phones. Does Whatsapp let you change the color, just to see if it changes to something like blue or green...just to test?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you. If a post stand out to you, perhaps you could give that post a star to show other community members they were able to assist or was relevant to you.

Constellation

Every other colour works fine, it's just the white looks purple 

Constellation

Honored Contributor

Yeah, I'm pretty sure that's what it looks like. I had an older Android device that let me actually choose the color option back in the day for each notification. I remember white always having this soft reddish/maroon tint when it flashed. I'll see if I can get confirmation on this for you.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you. If a post stand out to you, perhaps you could give that post a star to show other community members they were able to assist or was relevant to you.