S8 Official Oreo Update

SOLVED
Cosmic Ray

S8 Official Oreo Update

Just wondering, but isn't the Oreo Update supposed to be released today January 17th for the S8?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Halo
Solution
Accepted by topic author Kyle Lancaster
‎01-17-2018 09:57 AM

Re: S8 Official Oreo Update

[ Edited ]

The beta testing program was set to end January 15. This date was extended to the 17th. There is not a set date when it will be publicly released. Now the update goes to the carriers, and they will release it. So in short, soon(hopfully). I have t-mobile and I am very pleased with them, but if they hurried this process up I would love them.

64 REPLIES
Highlighted
Halo
Solution
Accepted by topic author Kyle Lancaster
‎01-17-2018 09:57 AM

[ Edited ]

The beta testing program was set to end January 15. This date was extended to the 17th. There is not a set date when it will be publicly released. Now the update goes to the carriers, and they will release it. So in short, soon(hopfully). I have t-mobile and I am very pleased with them, but if they hurried this process up I would love them.

Constellation

I wish on the screen clock it had options for color of second hand Also.  I like Red second hand.

Halo

Just read they pushed it back yet again.  Samsung just doesn't care.  Expensive damned phone and older cheaper phones already have Oreo.  Last damned Samsung I'll purchase. 

Constellation

Halo

If they didnt care they would just release it knowing there were bugs and problems. So they can release a buggy product(which will get a lot of complaints), or make it work which takes time(which will get a lot of complaints). So either way there are gonna be complaints. 

Supernova

Hi everyone! We currently can't speculate when Oreo will be rolled out or to what devices but I can assure you when we know, we will let the Community know.

Constellation

Blows my mind that oneplus has Oreo already. I bought my galaxy s8 plus straight from Samsung, no carrier. I should have the update by now. 😑😑 I knew I should of bought the Google pixel 2 xl instead.  

Constellation

yeah upset to see my friend has the s6 and it updated to android 7.0 same as my new s8 android 7.0 dont understand that at all.

....??