S8 not fast charging after update

Astronaut

S8 not fast charging after update

I just updated my phone 4 days ago and it stopped fast charging and taking 5+ hours to charge. Tried using a different charger with an adapter and still not working.
14 REPLIES
Samsung Moderator

Re: S8 not fast charging after update

@userHGLnFZcYJP I understand how that can be frustrating especially with a new device. Would you mind sharing your device's model number, carrier and Baseband version?

Constellation

I am having this same issue.  After the most recent update, It will not charge via cord, luckily I had the wireless charger.  But, It charges so slowly and then drains super fast.  I sure hope they fix this sooon!! 

Verizon/S8+/SM-G955U/

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator

Thanks for that info @KPurnell Are you able to provide me with your device's full Baseband version? When you attempt to charge the device, are you using the original charging cable and wall adapter?

Constellation

Yes, I'm using the original charging 'gear'.  

Baseband version:  G955USQU1AQK3

Thanks.

Astronaut

i have the same issue too so as my wifes s8 acter the update
Constellation

funny how the moderators aren' saying anything helpful. how f4cking pathetic are you guys at Samsung that you can't update a phone without jacking it up in the process? 

Samsung Moderator

@KPurnell That's awesome. It also looks like your device is running on the most up to date software available, which is good. Are your applications in both the Google Play Store and the Galaxy Apps store up to date? Have you tried charging the device while it's in Safe Mode?

@userudYLomrIfv I understand how that sucks. What troubleshooting, if any, have you done?

Constellation

This is due to the update, plain and simple. I'd appreciate some sort of acknowledgment of the issue and that is being worked on with some urgency.  I've seen quite a few posts about this same issue, all recent, after the most recent update. 

I have done very little troubleshooting as I'm not sure much can be done on my/our end.  

Please provide an ETA on the resolution of this issue; asap. 

Thank you!

Katie Purnell

Samsung Moderator

@KPurnell I understand how this can be frustrating. Since it's more of a developer's area, I cannot speculate what may or may not have changed because of an update but I would like to continue helping you with troubleshooting in effort to get your device back up and running as normal as possible.

If you could please follow the steps in this link to place the device in safe mode for 3-4 hours: http://bit.ly/1vkcs06 and attempt to charge your device during this time frame, monitoring the device for any changes during this window.