S8 swipe to unlock not working

SOLVED
Asteroid

Re: S8 swipe to unlock not working

@benice wrote:

@userAv4PwQ2ZUX wrote:

@SamsungMichelle wrote:

@benice: Great idea! Thank you for sharing Smiley Happy 

Which idea are you referring? I'm asking because I really don't like the idea of having to use my whole hand instead of just my thumb. That would mean I'd have to use two hands which is just awkward. 

good luck.

Just so you know I appreciate how you've tried helping me. I'm just very frustrated that after an update I suddenly lost the ability to do something so simple.

Asteroid

So I took it to my local AT&T store and they can't get it to work either. It just won't let you combine the swipe and password/fingerprint options anymore. They said it's a software issue. Smiley Frustrated

Comet

[ Edited ]

@userAv4PwQ2ZUX wrote:

So I took it to my local AT&T store and they can't get it to work either. It just won't let you combine the swipe and password/fingerprint options anymore. They said it's a software issue. Smiley Frustrated

ok, as i detected the firmware wasnt fully set, so somehow, if you ask a best buy store if they can flash new firmware to get device ok, that would be nice. out of warranty or not.

Asteroid

@benice wrote:

@userAv4PwQ2ZUX wrote:

ok, as i detected the firmware wasnt fully set, so somehow, if you ask a best buy store if they can flash new firmware to get device ok, that would be nice. out of warranty or not.

So I tried your suggestion since I was next to a best buy. The rep said in the past he could have helped me but Samsung took their laptops so he has no way of connecting to the phone...

Comet

@userAv4PwQ2ZUX wrote:

@benice wrote:

@userAv4PwQ2ZUX wrote:

So I tried your suggestion since I was next to a best buy. The rep said in the past he could have helped me but Samsung took their laptops so he has no way of connecting to the phone...

many locations, sooner or later it will work.

Asteroid

@benice wrote:

@userAv4PwQ2ZUX wrote:

@benice wrote:

@userAv4PwQ2ZUX wrote:

many locations, sooner or later it will work.

If you're talking about going to another Best Buy that's really not practical. I live in the country and that was the only one around for 100miles.

Comet

I have exhausted my resources. Good luck. 

Asteroid

@benice wrote:

I have exhausted my resources. Good luck. 

Thanks for trying. I've always said I'd never switch to Apple but this kind of stuff is making me seriously consider it. 

Highlighted
Asteroid

I just wanted to update this since I finally got an answer. The Samsung tech I spoke with informed me that for some unknown reason Samsung took away your ability to use swipe and password/fingerprint together anymore with their last update. Smiley Mad

Comet

@userAv4PwQ2ZUX wrote:

I just wanted to update this since I finally got an answer. The Samsung tech I spoke with informed me that for some unknown reason Samsung took away your ability to use swipe and password/fingerprint together anymore with their last update. Smiley Mad

i take it thats good news meaning that youre ok. i hope.