S8+ worst phone I've had in 6 years.

Highlighted
Constellation

S8+ worst phone I've had in 6 years.

I've been through a lot of phones in the last 6 years and this Samsung Galaxy S8+ is the worst.  So much potential, such poor execution. I've grown to expect as standard a mobile phones ability to stay off while in my pocket, but this S8+ just can't seem to do that. Every time any notification comes up the phone just starts ramdomly running apps. I've tried:

- Smartlock, on body off, tristed places off, trusted devices off, voice match off.

- Block accidental touches turned on.

- Single tap mode off.

- Quick open notification panel off.

- Unlock with home button off.

None of it works. 

Couple this with the fact that android auto is just horrible at remembering the difference between the last state of play or stop when it starts up again (autoplay must be enabled no matter what the privious state). No, my audible book was stopped but when I get in the car autoplay just happens. 

I won't rehash bixby, but please don't release an advertising bot that can't be disabled ever again. The only value bixby ever had was to advertise but I paid for my phone that should not be included with the experience. Stop "suggesting" things proactively.

I've had phones 5+ years ago that could figure out these basics. Why is the Samsung S8+ so bad at all of these things? I'm all ears if this is what I should expect or if I've missed some 4 layer deep setting that will somehow help the situation.

-S

4 REPLIES
Constellation

Re: S8+ worst phone I've had in 6 years.

[ Edited ]

Truly wish I had an answer for you but I'm done with my 8s+ [REDACTED] experience. And I will never buy any samsung product again, period. In my opinion if a company makes [REDACTED] product on one end, a person would have to be a fool to buy anything from them. This phone is worse than a joke and is a black-eye to the Android platform. Going back to my NEXUS6, even being an older phone, it is 10x better than this 8s+ trash.

Constellation

[ Edited ]

It seems as if you haven't done any research before making a $750 purchase. There are two types of samsung fans..those who know how to use thier phone out of the box and those who have to read manuals. Which are you? Phones have issues from time to time, but no high-end phone is that bad. I've been with samsung since the first S and trust me it's not that serious. Sounds like you bought an unlocked or defective phone. Personally I say just get an iphone. Galaxies aren't for you in my opinion. FYI everything you complained about is in settings or was already fixed.

Constellation

This person was looking for advice and you act like a child. How old are you to go through several screens just to rant about a product you claimed to no longer be using nor want to purchase in the future? Customers[former] like you will never be saticfied so grow up.

Astronaut

I 100% agree, I have an S8 which is the first Samsung product I've owned and it is the worst phone I have ever owned. The phone randomly restarts during critical moments (like mid phone call or message) and sometimes will continually restart until I turn it on in developer mode. I even reinstalled the software on the phone and it still has the same issues. You couldn't pay me enough to own this phone again buyer beware.