Samsung Galaxy S8+ fast charging stopped working up the software update on November 2017

Highlighted
Constellation

Samsung Galaxy S8+ fast charging stopped working up the software update on November 2017

Hi there, I need help.

My S8+ used charge itself very fast before the software update during the 2nd week of November 2017. I am using the original charger that comes along with the phone. The fast charging used to work fine before the update. When I connect the charger to my phone, it showed the normal fast charging notification and the proximation time to fully charge the phone was normal but it does not follow it; it takes longer to charge. I tried to time the charging process of the phone with a stopwatch. It took about 2 and a half hours to charge from 40% to 100% which wasn't like before. I initial thought that it was my plug-in ports that had problem so I tried to use different prower sockets but it still yield the same result. I tried the guide you gave for other S8/S8+ users which had similar problem with slow charging which was to clear cache, I even factory reseted my phone but it still did not work. However, when I charge my phone when the phone is switched off, it charges fast. PLEASE HELP ME! Is it because of the software update or is it due to spoiled adapter and cable (I also tried clean the cable and power port of the phone)? One more thing, when the fast charging was working fine before all this had happened, my phone used to get a little warm when it charges from around 25% to around 65% which is an indication for me that the fast charging was fine. Now, it does not even get warm at all. PLEASE HELP ME SOLVE THIS PROBLEM SAMSUNG!

3 REPLIES
Samsung Moderator

Re: Samsung Galaxy S8+ fast charging stopped working up the software update on November 2017

Hi @userDwUZliwsJs I'm sorry to hear you're having trouble with this but I would like to help you look into this. To get started, would you mind sharing your device's model number, carrier and Baseband version?

Constellation

Re: Samsung Galaxy S8+ fast charging stopped working up the software update on November 2017

Sure, anything to help get my phone working properly again.

Device model's number: SM-G955FD

Carrier: Maxis (Malaysia)

Baseband version: NRD90M.G955FXXU1AQJ5

Hope this helps.

Samsung Moderator

Hey @userDwUZliwsJs Thanks for providing me with that information. I do see that your device is a foreign model so I'm unable to see if your device is up to date however since this forum is mostly for US based devices, there are some basic troubleshooting steps we can do like putting the device into Safe Mode and attempting to charge it.