Status bar icon list

Constellation

Status bar icon list

Status bar icon list-what is circle with + sign

10 REPLIES
Samsung Moderator

Re: Status bar icon list

My initial thought is that this is the Samsung Plus app running.

Can you provide a screenshot? Does it say anything when you pull down your notification bar? 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Constellation

[ Edited ]

Mine just appeared yesterday. See top left plus sign and partial circle beside Bluetooth.

It could have been a change in the latest update or it could have been changed when it was placed in my pocket prior to locking the screen. Oops!

It appears to be an indicator for Data Saver, which is located in Settings/Data Usage and can be turned On or Off.

Samsung Moderator

Thanks for the screenshot! I see what you're talking about now. Thanks for the insight.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Astronaut

[ Edited ]

I't means Data Saver is turned on so videos do not automatically play like in Facebook for example.

Constellation

Thanks for the info... It was driving me crazy!!!

Astronaut

Status bar icon list

This Galaxy S8/S8+ status icon indicates data saver feature is turned on. You can enable or disable data saver in Settings— Connections —Data usage—Data saver.
Astronaut

can you explain what this is and why is there only a half circle and how can I remove it.

Uploaded from community android app.Uploaded from community android app.

That is the data saver icon. Go to your settings, search at the top for Data Saver. Turn it off. Smiley Happy @user0Y4h2L5MDB

Constellation

[ Edited ]

Can anyone help? This square icon next to the volume icon in the status bar just appeared tonight and I have no clue what it is or how to turn off or disable. It looks like the outline of the phone frame.