What case and screen protector sould I buy?

Highlighted
Asteroid

What case and screen protector sould I buy?

Hey!

What case and screen protector I should buy for the S8? I'm really bad at keeping phones in one piece, so I need a really strong case. I thought about the OtterBox Symmetry.

Thanks in advance.
15 REPLIES
Cosmic Ray

Re: What case and screen protector sould I buy?

You could check out U Droid Mania on YouTube, he's done reviews on almost every case out for the S8 and S8+ and MobileReviewsEh has done torture tests on most every case and screen protector. Also Zachary Anderson for launchers/ customizing your  phone software. Video Gadgets Journal for 200+ tips/walkthroughs of your new phone.  The YouTube Tech Guy, Jimmyispromo, Mr.whosetheboss and MrMobile have advice on some good apps. I'm using the Rhinoshield  bumper both Erica Griffin and Phonebuff  have some really impressive torture tests on it and I bought it because of those. As for screen protectors can't use them if your doing VR. I spent a few months tracking down a lot of information before I got mine, good luck I hope some of this helps!

Constellation

I bought a zizo case and screen protector.  So far so good.   

Asteroid

[ Edited ]

I just upgraded from an S5 but not one scratch on that screen all this time. The glass seems highly resistant to me. I hate the feel of screen protectors. I hope I don't regret not getting one but I don't see how I'll scractch it. I make sure it's not in the same pocket as keys or anything else.

I guess this screen could be more vulnerable to a drop and slide across a stone path or something but just laying it around, my case stops it from touching anything.

The screen protectors I tried years ago were all kind of... gummy or definately noticable. I look at this screen all day, i don't want to look through a layer. I'll give one a shot suggested here if things have changed but doubt it. You really think it's necesarry? I'm not throwing it in a purse. What are you doing, dropping it I guess? Smiley Happy

Cosmic Ray

Gorilla glass 5 has better shatter resistance but they sacrificed scratch resistance in the process. I've got a small horizontal scratch on my display that shows very minor pixelation, mainly with white backgrounds, but it still sucks. I would at least recommend a screen film as long as you aren't doing VR. I unfortunately am so ima still searching. U Droid Mania on YouTube found a good tempered glass protector, but it has a hit or miss set up and $40-50 for the whole kit; as of now no screen only options so if you crack it you have to buy the whole kit again. It's Whitestone Dome glass, 2 videos last I checked. 

Asteroid

Thank you everyone!

The s8 can break easily and I prefer case then feel insecure.

I will update here what case and protector I will buy.

Asteroid

Hmm. I have a Gear VR arriving Tuesday. What's the problem when using a screen protector?

Please report back when you find one for VR, I may give it a try although $50 sounds ridiculous to me. 

Asteroid

I went with the Otterbox Defender and Armoursuit case friendly screen cover ($45 altogether on Amazon.) It works great but like with any defender it's hard to slide in and out of your pocket.
Constellation

Supcase unicorn beetle pro and zagg invisible shield works well together. 

I work construction so durability is very important.

Get a Oterbox Defender and the ZAGG SAPPHIRE screen protector.

Make sure you get the Defender series and also make sure it is the ZAGG SAPPHIRE (other Zagg model sucked but the SAPPHIRE has a all over connection) I have dropped my phone several times form 3 stories onto gravel and the road with 0 scratches.