Wifi dropping

Highlighted
Constellation

Wifi dropping

Just got the new S8+ phone a few weeks ago. Having issues with the WiFi dropping off. Modem is in the same room I'm sitting so know its not a range issue. Also have tried both connections 2.4 and the 5 Ghz. Issues with both. No other device in home is having issues. Anyone else having issues and or have a fix for it. 

4 REPLIES
Constellation

Re: Wifi dropping

Same issue here. Nothing seems to work (various settings, full reset of everything, static IP, etc). Makes VR super unpleasant, too. It freezes everytime it happens, even in the main menu. 

Samsung Moderator

Hey everyone! Would you mind going to Settings>About Device and posting your model number, Baseband version, carrier and (outside of what you have already listed) any other troubleshooting steps you've tried? I'm not going to be online for very much longer, but this will help me, or one of the other mods, get a better idea on what steps we need to take when we get back on Monday. Thanks and have a good weekend! Smiley Happy

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Asteroid

I have been having WIFI issues since unboxing the phone.  Samsung refused to address the issue and exchange the phone.

I just received a warrantied phone from my carrier and there are no wifi problems.

Talk to your carrier about replacing the phone.  It is covered under manufacturer warranty.  Samsung has not identified this wifi issue to be a problem according to Verizon.   Save yourself the headache on waiting for Samsung to fix it.

Constellation

@lisagreeno77 I've had the same issue since unboxing it the day it was released. However when I got my replacement it does the same thing.