my galaxy s8 wont start after android oreo update!

Highlighted
Constellation

my galaxy s8 wont start after android oreo update!

This morning i was updating to android oreo , and after a while the phone just starts restarting all the time without ever being able to go further. I cant turn it off either and every few mins it says  "android is starting, optimising app updating 45/80" and then it goes to 80/80 and it restarts again. The same just keeps happening over and over.

9 REPLIES
Astronaut

Re: my galaxy s8 wont start after android oreo update!

Same problem here.

Asteroid

I faced the same issue, took it to samsung service centre and the horrible technician factory reset my phone without my permission. I got the update again and it's been good 40 minutes but the phone is yet to switch on. No idea how long before it does.

Supernova

Hi everyone, 

Are you referring to the Oreo beta update? There has not been an official rollout of Oreo for Samsung devices yet.

Constellation

I live in Norway, and yes it has. Now i've read in the news that its been canceled due to troubles with this update

Constellation

i have the same problem 

just had the OTA upgrade to OREO 8.0 and now after a successful download and installed it rebooted and has stuck on the SAMSUNG page with it just fading in and out with the blue led light for more than two hours now.when i tried to recover it i get the message " Downloading do not turn off target" so i leave it ......but it just stays on the SAMSUNG page.

can anyone help me on this, or is it back to the shop. ive only had it from brand new for a month.

Regards Peter

Constellation

P.S. this is the official update OREO 8.0 OTA
Constellation

The oreo update officially released by Verizon last Friday, completely crashed my s8+!!! Immediately following the update my phone just constantly rebooted. Was advised to take the phone to best buy for the samsung experts to fix it without losing all my data and they were of no help. The phone ended up not even being able to be factory reset!!! I had not even had this phone a year yet and paid A LOT of money for it!!! All because of an update that I did not even want it costed me everything on the phone, thousands of pictures included, and was forced into upgrading early at MY EXPENSE because Samsung broke my phone with their update!!! The same update they quietly stopped about a month ago because of it having these types of issues!!! My question here is what is samsung gonna do to compensate the customers who have had to go through this through no fault of their own!!!

Constellation

after going through the lenghy process of booking my phone into repair i thought i would give it one more try to fix it myself, after trying every method i finally got it to boot up successfully.

first i had to let the battery run down completely then charge it up again 80% 

make sure it is switcheded off

press volume down+brixby+power button and let it start to boot keeping all buttons pressed

When the SAMSUNG page appears take finger off power button and then move finger off volume down to volume up without releasing the Brixby button

it should then load to the recovery screen

i dont know if this helped but i  in turn then wiped cache ....rebooted nothing still in loop

so get back into recovery select factory reset....rebooted nothing still in loop

so go back into recovery select boot from bootloader....BINGO it booted up normal.

it completed the update and factory reset

All data was lost but i finally got my phone back.

hope that helps anyone with the boot loop problem

Constellation

This update killed my galaxy s8 phone!! Reboot, restart, reboot, restart, and on and on same thing. I can't turn it off. I followed instructions from my carrier and still no go. I recharged and soon as it got some charge it started rebooting again and not responding to holding buttons down. Carrier said they are going to seen a replacement. Now I am out a phone for a week. This phone is not cheap by no means and to have it do this makes me want to get away from galaxy phones.