cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
userpVP3yxmH5I
Asteroid

2 Galaxy S8 Active phones with battery swelling problems.

JUMP TO SOLUTION

My wife and I bought matching phones from AT&T.  We have made 21 out of 30 payments.  Last Saturday (June 22) her phone got really hot while she was walking (and playing Pokemon) at a local park.  Her screen lifted up and the back of the phone opened up.  This prompted me to remove my case and look at mine.  I have the same problem but not near as bad.  Is this fixable with a battery swap or is the damage too extensive?

20190622_095306.jpg

20190626_130216_1561568550949.jpg

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: 2 Galaxy S8 Active phones with battery swelling problems.

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I completely understand! I have your wife's phone set up first. The ticket number is 4150508090. You will receive a prepaid shipping label in your email. Please use this to ship the phone via UPS. You will need to write the ticket number on the outside of the package in three seperate places. Please package the phone securely, as Samsung is not liable for any damages during the shipping process. It is also advised to take pictures of your phone before shipping it. If there is any information that you need from the phone, you can try to take it by a local uBreakiFix location to see they would be able to back up the data for you. Most likely the phone will be reimaged while in repairs. Please let me know if you have any additional questions. I will be monitoring the service ticket for you. 

8 REPLIES 8
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I am very sorry to hear this! Please send a private message with the model code and IMEI numbers of each of the phones. http://bit.ly/2XERsky

useree0WuN6hpL
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

My s8 active is doing the same thing. The repair shop says they don't stock the battery and to contact you as it should be replaced free. Any information? @SamsungRei 

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@useree0WuN6hpL, I would be happy to look into your concerns further.

Can you please send me a private message with the below information in full:

Model Code:
Serial Number:

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I completely understand! I have your wife's phone set up first. The ticket number is 4150508090. You will receive a prepaid shipping label in your email. Please use this to ship the phone via UPS. You will need to write the ticket number on the outside of the package in three seperate places. Please package the phone securely, as Samsung is not liable for any damages during the shipping process. It is also advised to take pictures of your phone before shipping it. If there is any information that you need from the phone, you can try to take it by a local uBreakiFix location to see they would be able to back up the data for you. Most likely the phone will be reimaged while in repairs. Please let me know if you have any additional questions. I will be monitoring the service ticket for you. 

userpVP3yxmH5I
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Perfect, thank you!  I have the email.

ShaggyTheNerd
Cosmic Ray

WOW! Please update on the replacement process. I've seen...

JUMP TO SOLUTION

WOW! Please update on the replacement process.

I've seen a few reports of excessive heat causing the battery to swell. Not good but glad it didn't spontaneously combust!

userpVP3yxmH5I
Asteroid

Re: WOW! Please update on the replacement process. I've seen...

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Will do!  We dropped the first phone off at UPS today.  UPS said it would arrive on Monday.

Shafer
Astronaut

My phone is doing the same . At times it feels like i cou...

JUMP TO SOLUTION

My phone is doing the same . At times it feels like i could light a smoke off my phone. Thats crazy .