cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

2 year old Samsung S8 suddenly got hot, the battery expanded enough to shatter the case

While talking on my 2 year old Samsung S8 it suddenly got hot, the battery expanded enough to shatter the back cover.  After a couple of minute the phone cooled , Phone still works fine, charges well and no lost of any functions ( I can find) or  speed .

I have ordered new batter kit and cover, but have a question - is the phone safe to continue to use. I have been using for the last 3 day with out issue. but am concerned, it mah heat up again.

Steve 

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted

Re: 2 year old Samsung S8 suddenly got hot, the battery expanded enough to sha..

If you are getting a replacement battery and rear glass you should be fine but if it warms up agian I would discontinue use. Did you drop it? Have you ever replaced the battery before?
Highlighted
Constellation

Re: 2 year old Samsung S8 suddenly got hot, the battery expanded enough to sha..

Nope, never dropped the phone and phone has been In a Otter case all it's life, love the phone, never had an issue, until this and phone still works great, hummm.