cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userN94UFY3Ybj
Asteroid

24-Hour Time Format

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Is anyone else having issues with keeping the 24-Hour time format on their S8+? Every time I restart my phone, it switches back to the 12-Hour format.

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
userN94UFY3Ybj
Asteroid

Re: 24-Hour Time Format

JUMP TO SOLUTION

This issue went away Immediately after I switched carriers from Sprint to Verizon. Not sure if it's related, but definitely seems that way.

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
Supernova

JUMP TO SOLUTION

The only thing I could see causing that is if you're using any power saving or safe mode options when you turn on or restart the phone. Where are you adjusting this setting? 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

userN94UFY3Ybj
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I'm not using a power saving setting, or safe mode. I adjust the setting in "Date and Time" then "use 24-hour format"

BMWR606
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

i am having the same problem.

also not using any power saving or safe mode.

set 24 hour time formatt in settings and it reverts back to 12 hour am/pm time display upon  a reset or off/on cycle

userFBQkvxWj0V
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Same problem here. The phone reverts to 12-hour time every time I turn it off. Not a big deal, but still quite irritating.

Honored Contributor

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hey Community! Anyone else seeing this problem? Anyone have a workaround? Let us know!  Smiley Happy

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

useraE99a08gvr
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Same problem here.  Seems to take a about 40 sec after the phone gets past the screen that shows the lock, locking and unlocking.  The last I spoke to a Samsung rep in a chat I was instructed that if it continued after we did some troubleshooting to factory reset the phone, which I eventually did and it did nothing to resolve the problem.

userjuD2jocBXa
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Yes, couldn't  figure out why this is happening.   This is quite annoying!

userN94UFY3Ybj
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

This issue went away Immediately after I switched carriers from Sprint to Verizon. Not sure if it's related, but definitely seems that way.

View solution in original post

usercdONcjp501
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@userN94UFY3Ybj wrote:

I only started having this problem when I switched from T-Mobile to Sprint. So I'd say it is. It also decided my SD card is now 'unsupported,' so I lost a lot of stuff. Not sure if that's related, but I'm not a fan of Sprint either way...