cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: AKG Earbuds not working on one side?

Did you purchase your device in the US?

Skjalg Bjørge
Constellation

Hello, my name is Skjalg and i got an Samsung Galaxy S8 for half a year ago, and yesterday the left side on my AKG (orginal form the box when i bought the phone) earbuds just stopped working. So i can only hear music and things on the right side What do i do???
userYR5KAQSID0
Constellation

I have the same issue. The Samsung experience store in Mexico City said sorry we cant help you the earbuds only come with a 6 month warranty. Nice service after I spent $1,100.00 on my 9+. I know the Apple store would give me a new pair no questions asked.

Samsung Care Ambassador

Take the rubber flange off the ear bud (it just pulls off), clean it out, and tap the ear bud against a desk or hard surface. When one side of the ear bud goes really quiet, it seems related to that small metal screen getting any moisture or debris in it. Sometimes just removing the rubber flange then reinstalling fixes it.

If you've found my post to be helpful, please like the post. If my response helped resolve your issue, please press the "✓ Accept as Solution" button. Thanks!

user51yiT8CpoT
Asteroid

Exactly. I actually asked for a new one becaude I had the same problem. I hope I get a new earphones because Im not about to buy a new one. Apple gives another one if one is busted.

Momfy
Constellation

I have the same problem, but with JBL Free earbuds. The left earbud either cuts out every 45 secs, or doesn't play anything.
Highlighted
Momfy
Constellation

I have the same problem, but with JBL Free earbuds. The left earbud either cuts out every 45 secs, or doesn't play anything.
SteveRich
Astronaut

My earphones just stopped working correctly on one side they're the ones that came with my Galaxy S9 and I dont have any equalizer set up and I've tried it on other devices, is it possible to get a replacement?

userJsOyLvhxUY
Constellation

mine did same and I tried with 5 different devices can I get a replacement pair
userV9vLOsrUSs
Constellation

Same thing happened to mine but I've only had them for roughly 2 months. They are the original ear buds that came with my s9+ and it's the same issue with any other decide I plug them into