cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
useraxR5bAXwsA
Constellation

ANDROID 10

I think it's bogus that the Galaxy S8 probably won't receive Android 10. Reason number one pixel 2016 has the Android 10 which came before the s8. That phone has a snapdragon 821 which is weaker than 2017 snap 835. Number 2 the update policy should be extended at least another year. 2 years for updates should be changed.

But knowing Samsung they will continue to sell the Update rather than update timely

5 REPLIES 5
Honored Contributor

Re: ANDROID 10

@useraxR5bAXwsA wrote:

I think it's bogus that the Galaxy S8 probably won't receive Android 10. Reason number one pixel 2016 has the Android 10 which came before the s8. That phone has a snapdragon 821 which is weaker than 2017 snap 835. Number 2 the update policy should be extended at least another year. 2 years for updates should be changed.

But knowing Samsung they will continue to sell the Update rather than update timely

I have Pixel 2 and believe around that time google increased to 3 years of OS and Security updates(previously had 2 y. OS and 3 y. Security).  This is better than 2 years and would be good for Samsung to still support S8/N8 family of phones.  Manufacturers don't want to invest money for developing and testing, especially if carriers won't want to spend $ on the update

Samsung_Genius
Astronaut

Because the pixel is a Google product. Google owns Android. It part of they're company and Samsung has a update license for so many phones for so many years.

Mathew
Cosmic Ray

S8 is being dropped.

I think like how the S7 got 2 years of security the same will probably happen to the S8 Lite, S8, S8+, S8 Active too, I know the Note FE got 9, and will probably get 10, because it rebooted with android 8.0

Samsung_4JSQY81
Astronaut

That's the bad thing about Android, two years and your device is obsolete.